Royal Wedding :D

nich
nich Posts: 888
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
Anyone going?

If not, you can watch it on various tv channels from 8am to 4pm, non stop 8)

Comments

• jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    borat_two_thumbs_up_yours.jpg
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    Got grass to watch grow, sorry
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    I shan't be, but it's nice most of us get a day off for it. My folks are meant to be going up though, heck knows what they'll manage to see, probably the back of someone elses head :)
  • JamieRa
    JamieRa Posts: 82
    is there any cycling on eurosport tomorow from 8am-4pm?
    :lol:
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    I'll be watching of course but for those who choose not to just think tomorrow might quite could possibly be the quietest road traffic day in say 30 years :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm soooooo old - but anyway anyone riding tomorrow enjoy.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    itboffin wrote:
    I'll be watching of course but for those who choose not to just think tomorrow might quite could possibly be the quietest road traffic day in say 30 years

Let's just say the motorbike's fettled, fuelled, tent packed, and I'm hoping for a rather uninterrupted ride to the coast, at what's known as "making good progress" :-)
    Misguided Idealist
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,485
    edited April 2011
    Have a vegetable patch to dig from scratch and the front garden to weed. Mrs RJS is watching with the littl'un of course.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I'm gonna miss it, which is a shame being as I plan to evolve into an old fuddy-duddy with a stick & a pipe, who ticks kids off for it not being tough like it wurr when arr wurr a lad eeeh, and by extension likes things how they were some years ago not how things are now. Bloody interweb. Nine day wonder, you mark my words.

Anyhoo - I've cashed in 2½ bazillion brownie points and got m'self a 4 day pass-out from t'trouble&strife + the footballing ankle-biters, starting Friday am. Routes planned, couple of hotels booked & the back bedroom on pater's ranch is cleared for my use on Sunday PM when I land there with ~300 miles under the cogs. A nice easy 50 mile trundle from there back to here on Monday morning to a reunification with a grateful family awaits i.e. 'oh hi Dad. Move - we're watching Dr Who again'.

Maybe this wedding thing might be mentioned on the news on Friday night, if I'm lucky.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    The only thing that might tempt me to watch the fscking wedding would be the promise of snipers and headshots, made by someone I trust not to make empty promises.

Vive la république!
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    Good interview with the happy couple here.

Not for work, not for children, contains all sorts really, broad minded only etc....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiXQHBeC2dI
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    The BBC's website appears to have jilted the wedding, how funny!
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Yep. Kids will be watching, too. They're fascinated by dresses.

Parlt Square was great last night with its music blaring and the Union Jacks flying.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Was going for a bike ride but I have a cold :( not happy wedding is on the kitchen I'm going to watch bluerays in the other room.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238

Not for work, not for children, contains all sorts really, broad minded only etc....

:lol::lol::lol:
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048

NOW its worth watching :-)
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • Got fed up days ago with the drivel, and then the hype on the drivel, and then the highlights of the hype on the drivel... and then got invited to a 'wedding breakfast' ... do me a favour...

got on my trusty steed and went out for a couple of hours.. roads were so clear, lots of other cyclists about - obviously had the same idea...

got to my fav tea place... and was packed 'cos they were doing a 'wedding breakfast and lunch special' :( so filled water bottle and passed on the tea and cake i would have had...

got home, and have seen the whole event 5 times in an hour and a half... how much more drivel can they find to say?

am I a grumpy old man? (errr. yes according to SWMBO)...
    do i care? Nope :)
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    roads were so clear, lots of other cyclists about - obviously had the same idea...

Aye, the roads were far more traffic-free than usual, and I too saw a lot of cyclists. For some reason, most of them going the other way. Most waved, nodded or said hello, but there were some who didn't even give the tiniest INR. Or maybe they did, but it really was I. =)

One roadie passed me twice. =/
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Agent57 wrote:
    roads were so clear, lots of other cyclists about - obviously had the same idea...

Aye, the roads were far more traffic-free than usual, and I too saw a lot of cyclists. For some reason, most of them going the other way. Most waved, nodded or said hello, but there were some who didn't even give the tiniest INR. Or maybe they did, but it really was I. =)

One roadie passed me twice. =/
    I found pretty much all said hi or nodded or waved... got scalped by at least three peletons.... couldn't keep up with any of them...:(
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    I see that Boris brought them a tandem for their wedding gift......seriously.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    itboffin wrote:
    I'll be watching of course but for those who choose not to just think tomorrow might quite could possibly be the quietest road traffic day in say 30 years

Let's just say the motorbike's fettled, fuelled, tent packed, and I'm hoping for a rather uninterrupted ride to the coast, at what's known as "making good progress" :-)

If Manchester was anything to go by today I bet you made F**xing amazing progress. Deader than A line flares
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Spent the day working at the Exeter Food Festival with the cadets. Can't complain, came back with free beer (Commando beer from Cotleigh Brewery...hoofin, as they say). Cheese from Quickes Farm, an amazing egg and bacon roll for breakfast and a couple bottles of homemade lemonade after assistanting the security staff with a guy who tried to pick a fight (OK so I only phoned the police, but once they had him on the ground there wasn't much they could do from there)

An enjoyable day really.
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • PBo wrote:
    I see that Boris brought them a tandem for their wedding gift......seriously.
    A Boris Bike one, no less.
  • Clare_M
    Clare_M Posts: 68
    Just bought a bottle of Champagne to toast the happy couple. (And to get a bit merry on my free day off ;) )

I have been out on the bike today, 20 mile ride through some gorgeous Northamptonshire countryside. Everywhere was very quiet.
    I was a fatty, then I took up cycling and can now eat cake guilt free!

"Triples are for girls" My Husband, 2010. (Evidently not for this girl though!)
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    I had to watch as I have a seven year old girl. WTF were Beatrice and Eugenie wearing? They looked like extras from "my big fat gypsy wedding"
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Happened to catch a glimpse of some bridesmaid filly holding Kate's train. Wouldn't have minded seeing a bit more of her...

...... or is that just me?
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Clare_M
    Clare_M Posts: 68
    Happened to catch a glimpse of some bridesmaid filly holding Kate's train. Wouldn't have minded seeing a bit more of her...

I think it's you and every other male in the country today :D
    I was a fatty, then I took up cycling and can now eat cake guilt free!

"Triples are for girls" My Husband, 2010. (Evidently not for this girl though!)
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Happened to catch a glimpse of some bridesmaid filly holding Kate's train. Wouldn't have minded seeing a bit more of her...

Amen.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Just me then? Fantastic, the whole shooting match. A faultless demonstration of what this country can do when called upon, nigh on half the planet watching, and our constitutional monarchy takes another step forward thus preventing the awful prospect of some failure of a politician becoming president.

As for 'that bridesmaid', I presume we mean the lovely Pippa. I have to say it; on a scale of 1 - 10, I reckon I'd give her one. Just to be sociable like.
  • chilling
    chilling Posts: 267
    I was working with it on as the background today as littlest chilling was watching. What's with the wearing of hats on the forehead these days? Very wrong.

I especially liked the Klingon forehead thing that one of the ginger ones was wearing.

Did get the Battle of Britain flight right over the house on their way home which was nice. My own special fly past.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    CiB wrote:
    Just me then?

As long as I live I'll never understand why one human being would consent to being referred to as a 'commoner' and the 'subject' of another.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!