Hamsterley red route - is it finished yet??

neil_uk
neil_uk Posts: 289
edited April 2011 in Routes
Hi, last year I rode the new part of the red route near the downhill section, but - does anyone know if there's a 'completed new' Red route yet with a route map? and if so, any idea how long it is?

I'm considering a trip up there this weekend (depending on weather).

Cheers guys

Comments

• pvtpile
    pvtpile Posts: 74
    The new trail map is up on the boards dont know if they have printed one yet the route near the DH hut has been finnished for a while and theres also a trail called Transmition now which cuts out alot of the fire roads.

Here's a video of a couple of us from a few weeks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXM6tSxx8Cs
  • BennyB
    BennyB Posts: 174
    i was there yesterday. All the routes are finished and open. Transmission is amazing i loved it untill i stacked it big time and fubarred my shoulder
    Ime diving, ime bored, ime on the diving board
  • neil_uk
    neil_uk Posts: 289
    Thanks for the updates guys! I didn't get out last weekend after all..... maybe next one!

Nice vid - Is that taken with one of those little black mini cams?? the reason I ask is that - I can't figure out how to set the dat one them either lol
  • cammer
    cammer Posts: 55
    Was there yesterday, really liking the new red sections but at the moment there isn't enough of it to warrant all the fireroad slogs.

But like the original question, does anyone know if the trail building is an ongoing process or is it now the finished article?

Decent place if you are local or passing through the area but not worth a long trip yet in my view.
  • Yes - trailbuilding is ohgoing - meets every third Saturday of the month outside the bike hire. Essentially a volunteer activity so relatively slow going and we've been "distracted" so far this year by the need to repair Section 13 after the winter damage. Now that's done the aim is to put in some new bits over the summer.

There is lots of stuff at Hamsterley which is off the official routes - try the Hamsterley Trailblazers forum to get a local to show you round just following the Red route misses out lots of the good stuff (though Section 13/Transmission/Accelerator are great!)