My bad weather bike

sampras38
sampras38 Posts: 1,917
edited May 2011 in Your road bikes
2011 Cube Attempt.

Really pleased with it and well specced for a grand. My best bike is a Cube Agree GTC SL but this isn't far off.

5655435050_a2bbb8d9b6_z.jpg

Comments

• Simon1890
    Simon1890 Posts: 117
    Looks really nice, Love the look of Cube bikes, something really striking about them..

Spec?
  • sampras38
    Simon1890 wrote:
    Looks really nice, Love the look of Cube bikes, something really striking about them..

Spec?

105 Groupset and brakes, Ultremo ZX tyres, Fulcrum 7 Custom wheels. Saddle has been swapped for a Fizik Arione, and a 12-27 cassette added, but other than that it's as it comes.
  • no mudguards for a bad weather bike?! suppose it would spoil the looks! ;)

you have a pic of your best bike? :D
  • sampras38
    no mudguards for a bad weather bike?! suppose it would spoil the looks! ;)

I only commute a couple of days a week tops as I need my car. It's 23 miles each way and due to not having great shower facilities I only tend to do it on dry days. I only really do it for training purposes and it allows more free time at home with the family rather than being stuck on the turbo. It's essentially a winter training bike.

Here's my best bike

5234515914_72635d90b9_z.jpg
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Is it just the angle both photos are taken at or do you have your saddles nose-up?
    More problems but still living....
  • sampras38 wrote:
    no mudguards for a bad weather bike?! suppose it would spoil the looks! ;)

I only commute a couple of days a week tops as I need my car. It's 23 miles each way and due to not having great shower facilities I only tend to do it on dry days. I only really do it for training purposes and it allows more free time at home with the family rather than being stuck on the turbo. It's essentially a winter training bike.

oh i see, guess there's no point in the guards then!

as for your best bike...that is a thing of beauty :P
  • sampras38
    amaferanga wrote:
    Is it just the angle both photos are taken at or do you have your saddles nose-up?

Nose up by about 2mm thats all.
  • MattJPaul
    MattJPaul Posts: 95
    Bit of a thread necro I know, but to the OP, how's the ride on the Cube Attempt? I'm looking at choosing either that or a Felt F75.
  • sampras38
    I haven't used my Attempt enough to give you an honest opinion but so far it's been pretty good. Just got back from a couple of weeks abroad and will probably start using it a bit more from here on. I have swapped the tyres for some 25mm Continental Gaterskins though, ready for the bad weather rides.

Also off to the Alps with the Agree next month for a week.