Van Nicholas Mistral

solboy
solboy Posts: 368
edited March 2012 in Your road bikes
Thought I would add some photos of my Mistral. When I was looking to buy there were very few images or reviews available on the net so I hope this is useful for some people.

Bought the bike in September from Fat Birds and too be honest since buying the bike its been a bit of a love hate relationship. Basically I do love the bike but the purchase was problematic then I thought there was a sizing issue. Several months have now passed and the purchase problem is a bit of a distant memory so to speak. After doing several longish rides I have a bit more confidence in the sizing and geometry of the frame and actually now really like the riding position. The bike is lighter than you might think and feels solid on the roads. She is rapid too and I am not into measuing average speeds and all that but all I know is I see 20mph a lot more often on the cateye compared to when I had my Allez.

I have the VN ti stem and seatpost on the bike along with a very nice Brooks Ti Swift saddle. Thinking of putting on some Handbuilts or RS80 Wheels and some Deda Phazer bars when funds allow. Overall I am very pleased with the bike.

IMG_6090.jpg
IMG_6089.jpg
IMG_6088.jpg
IMG_6087.jpg
IMG_6084.jpg
IMG_6081.jpg

Comments

• yaya
    yaya Posts: 411
    Sweet!

Ti bikes for me are like Harley Davidsons:-) I know that one day I will have one...same with the Brooks saddles. I'm on my 4th or 5th saddle and still am not feeling comfortable on rides longer than 2 hrs...
  • ascurrell
    ascurrell Posts: 1,739
    yaya wrote:
    Sweet!

Ti bikes for me are like Harley Davidsons:-) I know that one day I will have one...same with the Brooks saddles. I'm on my 4th or 5th saddle and still am not feeling comfortable on rides longer than 2 hrs...

+1 for Ti bikes and this is a wonderful example
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Hi

I have added a few more images as i have since changed the wheels, bars and cage.

PZ Racing Bars
    Harrys Excellight wheeels on ultegra hubs

005-1.jpg
    006.jpg
    007.jpg
    008.jpg
  • red dragon
    red dragon Posts: 263
    Very nice I have a Euros, yours looks sweet.
  • Oasticles
    Oasticles Posts: 19
    Nice looking bike.

What pedals are they that you've got on there? Just taken delivery of my new bike and was looking at some Shimano A600's. Wasn't sure if that's what you've got and, if so, how you find them?
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Yes A 600s. Very light and as an spd they are very good. The metal is very soft and they scratch and consequently rust quite easily. For an SPD on a road bike i think these are about as good as it gets though.