Le Terrier HC route on GPS

Bikiebob
Bikiebob Posts: 13
Hi, I thought I would put up a post for anyone who is riding, thinking of riding or just curious abot the new 100+mile route for Le Terrier Cycle Sportive. (www.le-terrier.co.uk) Everyone involved has ridden some or all of the route but I don't think anybody has completed the route "on the road" with a GPS unit so I did this yesterday, unfortunatly by car as I don't think I'll ever be healthy enough to ride the complete route.

I was surprised how close the the online mapping was to the data gathered "on the road" with my Garmin 705. You can view the results by following the link on the news section of the website and download data for your own GPS.

Coming soon "Le Terrier Long Route" and the short route which I hope to be able to ride!!

All the best,

Bob Muir

(President Lancaster Cycling Club)

Comments

• young dog
    young dog Posts: 64
    Nice one Bob.. A pro amongst amateurs!!
  • I put myself in for the 100+ mile route a few months back and this will be my first sportive.

Did 60 mile around the Trough of Bowland on Friday, with another 75 miles today. In a weird kind of way I'm starting to really like climbing the steep stuff. :twisted:
  • young dog
    young dog Posts: 64
    Purple Rain- Nice one!! A convert. Just under 12,000' of climbing will give you plenty of opportunity to show off your new found talent... :lol: