Cycling Shoes - Budget £150 - £200

designman
designman Posts: 405
edited April 2011 in Road buying advice
I'm on the lookout for some new cycling shoes but there is so many to choose from, and so many brands, I have a budget of £150 - £200 to spend....... Can anyone recommend any good shoes please.

Comments

• ThatBikeGuy
    ThatBikeGuy Posts: 394
    If you are after some top-end road shoes(i assume you are wanting road shoes) then perhaps try Sidi's?
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sidi-genius-5-pro-road-shoes-2011/

They look smart and are very comfy :)

The DHB R1's are also very good shoes albeit they don't quite look as "flash" as the Sidi's they do the job very well.
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-r1-road-cycling-shoe/?&source=MaxiFeed&id=5360042950
    [/url]
    Cannondale SS Evo Team
    Kona Jake CX
    Cervelo P5
  • u05harrisb
    u05harrisb Posts: 531
    yeh set of sidis or spesh s-works would get my vote, but depends on what your after. carbon sole for example? all that sort of stuff changes price alot
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    SIdi all the way. Ergo 2 or Genius 6.6 for me.
  • antlaff
    antlaff Posts: 583
    just got the Sidi pro 5 from Walkers Cycling for £110 compared to £150 on wiggle - had my first 40 mile run this morning - massive step up from the dhb's i had.
  • designman
    designman Posts: 405
    Yes looking for road shoes - If possible with carbon soles.
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    S-works
  • ADIHEAD
    ADIHEAD Posts: 575
    I've got S-Works and Sidi Genius 5.5 carbon. Overall I prefer the S-Works, but won't be riding them in bad weather as they're white and have a ventilation hole on the sole. Also, a friend of a friend wrecket his boa laces through winter riding - dunno why he didn't use overshoes :shock: I find the BG insoles fantastic and have actually changed mine to the blue ++ to suit my the way my feet arch.

I found I got heel slip with the Sidi's so try before you buy. The Ergo's have a heel adjustment dial to alleviate this problem. The SIDI's definitely have a quality feel about them though. I had to change the insole in these also as found them too hard, but you may find them ok :wink:

Best of luck :)
  • AndyF16
    AndyF16 Posts: 506
    I was just about to say I got the Pro5s from Ribble for £122, but Antlaff has found them cheaper again - pretty happy with mine so far
    2011 Bianchi D2 Cavaria in celeste (of course!)
    2011 Enigma Echo 57cm in naked Ti
    2009 Orange G2 19" in, erm orange
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Long time Sidi wearer. Only person here, I think, to be able to comment on whether the new Giro are better.

They are, I hardly know they are on.

Giro Factor everytime. And I've had Laser, Genius and Ergos.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • alistaird
    alistaird Posts: 290
    Alistair

Best Weather Bike - Time ZXRS
    Summer Road Bike - Pinarello FPX Dogma
    Winter Road Bike- Colnago E1
    Being Dismantled - Sintesi Blade
    Mountain Bike - Sold them all....
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    I would suggest Sidi with the stiffest carbon sole you can get. They are top quality with replaceable heel pads and a ratchet mechanism which works so much better than any of the others I have come across.

The only flaw I would mention is the standard insoles are too thin and I thought made them uncomfortable after my first decent length ride. A pair of Spesh footbeds changed all that for the better.

Peter
  • ajb72
    ajb72 Posts: 1,178
    Another vote for the S-Works. I'm on my second pair and absolutely love the styling and comfort, they are super light to wear, have fantastic ventilation for summer riding and the dual boa adjustment is so quick and easy to micro adjust.

Just one warning though, they seem to have a narrower fit than non-S Works Specialized shoes, to no good for hobbit's feet!
  • Dodger747
    Dodger747 Posts: 305
    S Works!
    VO2 Max - 79 ml/kg/min
    W/kg - 4.9