My On-One 456 Carbon

ScottieR3
ScottieR3 Posts: 207
edited April 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Just got this finished Monday and have done about 50 miles on it so far :lol:

My joplin R seatpost arrived in the post this morning, so have fitted that and now looking forward to a nice ride home in the sun!!!! :D:D:D:D

16" Frame
RS Rebas
Fsa K-Force Bars
Hope X2 Brakes
Joplin Seatpost
Specialized Seatpost

efb5c25c.jpg
85c8d401.jpg
37d89364.jpg
04bb809a.jpg

The wheels are top priority to be replaced with Hope Pro2 Evo's Just need to save some money. Also would like to do a matching xt groupset on it eventually.

Thoughts and comments welcome
RR/Cross/Commuter: kinesis pro6
Mtb: On One 456

Comments

• booyaka
    booyaka Posts: 263
    Nice - get some colour on there!!! :lol::lol:
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Lovely bikes, I had one for 6 months when they first came out, and loved it, but missed FS too much, so traded it in :)

The only thing I don't like are the Oury grips, I tried a set, and didn't get on with them. The frame is a brilliant bit of kit though, bombproof. Nice build you've got too, enjoy it!
  • dc71
    dc71 Posts: 170
    Nice.. +1 for a bit more colour.

Everyone seems to want Hope Pro2's, but there's a few good alternatives around. On-One's new MAX wheels look good, come it at nice weights and colour combos. Could be worth looking at, and Spinergy Enduro looks unique, good prices on ebay.

@Stav, I can't believe you wanted to go back to full susser after one of these, they're so good to ride, but I guess depends on what trails you're riding too. I also couldn't get on with the Oury grips - haven't seen one of these yet where the owner kept the Ourys!
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    dc71 wrote:
    @Stav, I can't believe you wanted to go back to full susser after one of these, they're so good to ride, but I guess depends on what trails you're riding too. I also couldn't get on with the Oury grips - haven't seen one of these yet where the owner kept the Ourys!

DC, I would have loved to have kept hold of it, but I have a bit of a gammy back, so found the hardtail, although the frame did eliminate some of the problems, didn't do me any favours :(

Trust me, I'd have kept it if I could justify it, but being honest, it would probably sit in my shed as my spare bike, as the susser would be used more often.

Not knocking the bike at all, it was superb, snappy and super quick, but just not quite suited for my riding style and my dodgy back!! :D

Still lovely to look at though!!
  • booyaka
    dc71 wrote:

Oury grips - haven't seen one of these yet where the owner kept the Ourys!

nope - dumped mine after 1 ride as well!
  • ScottieR3
    ScottieR3 Posts: 207
    I do find the grips a little squidgy, but what do people rate as good grips then as i'm really not fussy about them tbh... would like some lock on ones
    RR/Cross/Commuter: kinesis pro6
    Mtb: On One 456
  • I've had superstar grips for ages, very happy with them!
  • booyaka
    ScottieR3 wrote:
    I do find the grips a little squidgy, but what do people rate as good grips then as i'm really not fussy about them tbh... would like some lock on ones

Charge Sponge Handlebar Grips - lock on very well and solid