glasgowbhoy
glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
edited April 2011 in Your road bikes
1259375963_Cm6pGLj-M.jpg

1259376014_S9zCBt9-M.jpg

1259376156_Bhd3QH5-M.jpg

1259376693_RQXbz4d-M.jpg

The current line up of bikes.

Pearson Touche Fixed Gear recently picked up 2nd hand and in mint condition. Will be the year round commuter

2010 Kuota Kharma Ultegra with DRC/CRX rims on hope hubs. Weighs in at 6.5 kg with the steerer cut and rides like a dream.

2009 Giant Defy 2.5 Tiagra winter trainer and all round workhorse. Just put on some DRC/CRX on 105 Hubs to replace the old Alex Rims that were on their last legs.

Comments

• nakita222
    nakita222 Posts: 341
    the Kuota is one bad motha(shut your mouth)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    2010 Kuota Kharma Ultegra with DRC/CRX rims on hope hubs. Weighs in at 6.5 kg with the steerer cut and rides like a dream.

Must be the worlds lightest Kharma then. Or your scales need recalibrating! It's not known as a superlight. These folk http://pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=3001 got theirs down to 6.75 with Zipp carbon tubs.......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • glasgowbhoy
    Rolf F wrote:

Must be the worlds lightest Kharma then. Or your scales need recalibrating! It's not known as a superlight. These folk http://pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=3001 got theirs down to 6.75 with Zipp carbon tubs.......

Sorry should have been 6.8kg but based on that the scales we used at the bike shop need calibrated. It's certainly light enough and propels my 65kg up the hills like it has a wee engine :D
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    That Kharma is a lovely bit of a kit. 8)
  • monkeysm8
    monkeysm8 Posts: 191
    Nice! What guards do you have on your defy???
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    Yes the Karma is nice, but that Pearson is classy.. Much better than the new ones..
  • glasgowbhoy
    Yes Pitchshifter I thought that too. Think the Pearson is about 3-4 years old but it was sold in mint condition and at less than half the price of a new one. Am just getting used to fixed gear riding and really enjoying it although I do find myself repeating the mantra ' don't stop pedaling' whenever I come to a junction, corner, roundabout or traffic lights :lol:

The mudguards on the Defy are the Giant ones. They are about £30 for the pair and sit with not much clearance but do a great job. Think you can only run 23's with them due to the clearance.

Love the Kuota. Its a looker and a performer and can see why they have become more popular every year.
  • thinbo
    thinbo Posts: 93
    I might give those mudguards a go as I've struggled a bit with crud roadracer 2s on my Defy
    CUBE Agree GTC Pro '10
    Giant Defy 2 '09