Coed y Brenin, which trails for epic full day riding?

rodders111yamaha
rodders111yamaha Posts: 10
edited April 2011 in Routes
Hi guys, after a bit of advice. Not been to CYB for few yrs now, loved when there last. Heading up there this weekend with a few mates. We want to try and do an epic all day ride 50-60km's more technical the better. Been looking on the web and thought we'd do the beast 1st and then not sure what to do after, been looking at some of the other routes and they look like they use quite a few sections used in the Beast. The one that is looking most favourable is Tarw? Don't really want to ride stuff we have already done on the beast. I'd really appreciate any advice on this. Thanks.

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    A friend and I did all 3 of the old trails twice in a day a few years ago, that was 98 miles and 16000ft of climbing. I'd call that reasonably epic.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Just do the beast :p and thn you can bolt on some other trails if you need later :P nice and easy
  • Thanks for the replies guys

Njee thats sounds proper epic. We want something like that but prob only 1/3 of distance as we are only there for a day.

Thewaylander, thats pretty much what i was thinking of, going to do the beast 1st, but after some suggestions of other loops to do afer, looking on maps some of the other stuff takes in stuff we will have already done on the beast, and would like to ride fesh stuff if possible.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Doo the old red bull trail about 17KM tawr trail i think it's called now it's on the other side of the valley so has no cross over.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Well, the Beast pretty much has everything on the east of the river, and Tarw has everything (still in existence) on the West of the river.
  • Thanks guys, thats what i was thinking of after looking at maps, it will avoid re riding stuff done on the beast. Saves hassle of looking at maps and sussing it out when we get there, don't want to waste valuable riding time!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    There's a lot of stuff on the beast that's WROTH re-riding, mind.