Getting back into intense exercise after concussion

Jordan93
Jordan93 Posts: 336
edited April 2011 in The bottom bracket
Was playing football and clashed heads with another player, resulting in a deep cut above my eye that had to be glued and obviously slight concussion. At the hospital she said dotn exercise for a few days but she didnt mention when I could get back into interval training etc.

So was wondering if anyone with a similar experience could shed some light on this subject.

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,149
    I've never had concussion, but I've had a fair few injuries. Basically, do what the doctor says. If she says no exercise for a few days, that means nothing remotely athletic for those few days - not even a jog.

After those few days, take it easy for the first couple and then you should be OK.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    I'd really go with what the doctor/nurse says mate - they tend to be better at this lark then a bunch of people on an internet site.

And seriously - unless you're a pro is it really going to make that much difference whether you go intervalling on Monmday or leave it unitil Thursday as per medical recommendations?

Leave it for a few days so that you don't crash and die in a horribly embarrassing way caused by concussion that will ensure that your name is mocked forever.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    5637505949_feec2f219c.jpg
  • BarryBonds
    BarryBonds Posts: 344
    Yossie wrote:
    I'd really go with what the doctor/nurse says mate - they tend to be better at this lark then a bunch of people on an internet site.

And seriously - unless you're a pro is it really going to make that much difference whether you go intervalling on Monmday or leave it unitil Thursday as per medical recommendations?

Leave it for a few days so that you don't crash and die in a horribly embarrassing way caused by concussion that will ensure that your name is mocked forever.

ignore his advice. He's an internet forumite :lol: