Isn't Lee Quarry Fab n Groovy

stumpyjon
stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
edited April 2011 in Routes
Well a lot of you on here seem to think so.

Trouble is certain bits are slightly too groovy. Here's your chance to put something back if you're local. Tony Lund (the driving force behind all the developments) is organising the first ever volunteer dig day up there this Sunday (17th of April). The aim is to do some repairs to some of the new stuff (which got ridden on before it was open :evil: ).

More details at www.pmba.org.uk (well there's all sorts of interresting stuff on there as well as stuff about the dig day).
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result

Comments

• stumpyjon
    Well it looks like you lot are as bad as the crowd on Singletrackworld, is no one interrested in helping maintain the trails at Lee Quarry, seems to be plenty of people on here riding them.

• sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    I'd come,but I'm helping up at Billinge on Sat, so I'd be no use to do Sunday as well....I'll deffo try for the next one though.
    Caz xx
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    Sorry i love riding Lee quarry but i'm at a wedding in Leicester on Saturday and i knw for a fact won't be home untill late sunday :-( Would love to have been involved though
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • bobinho
    bobinho Posts: 28
    I'll be there,10 o'clock in the quarry? Do you mean where the pump tracks are?
  • stumpyjon
    Hopefully there will be future days, depends on how this one goes. Not 100% sure where we're officially meeting, probably in the car park at the bottom, Tony should be there in his Lancs CC van as he's prepared to ferry people up to where we're working.

Caz / Muttly no probs thanks for taking the time to post up, bob see you Sunday (I'll be in a grey Honda CRV with tools in the boot so should stand out).