Fancy joining me on a jumps and drops course?

Comments

• stannie
    stannie Posts: 167
    I am in Southampton too, and would love to try this. I can do rollable things but have never really got any air - that is what I would like to do, although I fear I may be getting a bit too old to jump too high!
    I will keep an eager eye on this topic.
    ....................................................................................................
    Waterford RS-14
    Trek Domane SL6
    Ridley Noah SL

A woman can never have too many bikes!
  • hels bels
    hels bels Posts: 15
    Hey Everyone

I have given some time for you all to have a chat on here and it looks like we have quite a few girls keen to come on a course which is great news..

I have been thinking about where to go and it seems like most of you are down south..
    i am not , i live in a village called Haydon Bridge, kind of near Newcastle ...

But i do not mind coming down south for you..i was thinking that Cannock is very central for everyone like someone said , so i would be happy to run the course there..
    I have not been there for years so i will go and do a recci soon ...

Is everyone happy with Cannack?
    I also will run a course at Hamsterly Forest which is local to me and where i run a few of my downhill and coaching courses.

i will add some dates up very soon but it may have to be a mid week course as my weekends are so busy with racing or coaching..

Would this be ok ?
    I am thinking the 2nd week in May would be quite good ?

Any thoughts ?

Look forward to meeting you all

Hels :)
  • Bx
    Bx Posts: 33
    Crikey it'll be a bit of a trek down from Newcastle!

The 2nd week in May and Cannock looks very good for me but since Where are my stabilisers wanted to do this first and started making the plans she should get first choice on venue and timing :)

Despite the fact that this is ages away and not even finalised yet I'm quite excited anyway! I never ridden with a group of girls before and I'm keen to meet some like minded girlies 8)
    Bx
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Cannock is fine with me, although personally I wouldn't be able to make the 2nd week in May.... I work in publishing and that's our press week (days off a complete no-no) :(

I realise that this doesn't revolve around me though (!), so if that's the preferred week for 'where are my stablilisers' and everyone else then I shall just have to send positive vibes from the office!! Either that or have a 'nasty headache' on the day :wink:

It would be great to meet everyone though, fingers crossed we can find a date to suit :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • stannie
    Cannock is fine with me, and second week in May is ok.
    ....................................................................................................
    Waterford RS-14
    Trek Domane SL6
    Ridley Noah SL

• miss notax

If we can both make it, maybe a lift share (seeing as we live pretty close)? I would be happy to drive!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

• stannie
    miss notax wrote:

If we can both make it, maybe a lift share (seeing as we live pretty close)? I would be happy to drive!

That sounds good to me.
    Let's hope it is a date that will suit
    A x
    Waterford RS-14
    Trek Domane SL6
    Ridley Noah SL

• miss notax
    miss notax wrote:
    Cannock is fine with me, although personally I wouldn't be able to make the 2nd week in May.... I work in publishing and that's our press week (days off a complete no-no) :(

I realise that this doesn't revolve around me though (!), so if that's the preferred week for 'where are my stablilisers' and everyone else then I shall just have to send positive vibes from the office!! Either that or have a 'nasty headache' on the day :wink:

It would be great to meet everyone though, fingers crossed we can find a date to suit :D

Scrub that - after some serious negotiating I could potentially make this week too :D

• hels bels
    hels bels Posts: 15
    Heya guys,

As there's quite a lot of you, i figured it would probably be easier to have all your responses in one place.

If you're interested in the course could you fill out the survey below please- even if you have posted your preferences on the thread. It will just help me sort out when the best day to run the course will be

http://4081932.polldaddy.com/s/jumps-and-drops-skills-course

Cheers

Hels
    x
  • Good stuff, Cannock's fine by me - never been there, but I like new places and the 2nd week in May is fine. :D
  • Adnams82
    Adnams82 Posts: 22
    Done :)

Sacha
  • DanielleT
    DanielleT Posts: 259
    Done the survey!

However, I'm afraid May is out of the question for me what with finals at Uni and dissertation work in the way :cry:

Unless another day is organised i'll have to miss out. Hopefully if it goes well another will be organised?
    delightfully dangerous!
  • desmojen
    desmojen Posts: 136
    I've done the form, although I can't make mid May either. I would be totally up for it if another one is organised though :)

Jen.
  • Bx
    Done :D

I can make any of the days you suggested and I am very excited about this. Cannock is near my folks so I'll probably be able to earn some brownie points by popping home at the same time!
  • Mrs Toast
    Mrs Toast Posts: 636
    Oooh, Cannock! This is relevant to my interests!!111

Never actually ridden the downhill stuff at Stile Cop though, I've always stuck to the XC stuff on the Dog and the Monkey.
  • So I have always used STW rather than this forum however I have just been guided through to this link after a thread on STW about girls riding and skills.
    I would LOVE to do a skills day, I found a company to do skills organised it with boys they took the mick saying why would we do that, a few weeks later they book skills day and won't let me go!!

Anyway, 11/12th May or perfect days for me as I am on rest days already. I live in Oxfordshire so Cannock Chase is perfect for me and I'd love to come along and ride with some like minded girlies.

I would say I'm relatively expert level at riding but NOT on drops and getting air. I have been riding for 17 years but never had any tuturoing and I'm happy rolling over 1ft drops on my full susser but as for actually jumping things that is another matter.
    How much is the cost going ot be on this as well? I'm quite excited now I hope it goes ahead on those dates, would be useful to have a few more skills in time for my 2 week trip to Chamonix and Verbier at the end of June. Also nice to know there are more girlies on here than STW. Do you girls use this forum more? If so, I'm coming over here too.

this is the thread on STW if anyone interested:
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/t ... -the-girls

PS I have filled in your questionnaire thing too Helen.
  • Welcome aboard Munqe-chick :D

I only use this forum, I can't cope with more than that!

Don't know what the cost will be yet, all I know is that I need to learn some proper skills and this is gonna do it :D ... Positive thinking!! HA!
  • Finding it easier to use now! I'll have to book mark this forum onto my mobile phone as well ;-) The boys came home all stoked after their skills day yesterday so I want one now (throws a tantrum) ...when will Helen get back to us all? Sits and waits. ....
  • Bx
    Ok so I was just wondering what kind of bikes everyone's riding? I have a shiny new stumpjumper that I've just switched to from my hardtail, it's taking some getting used to but I'm loving it already :D

Miss Notax has a very pretty blue 5 I believe, what's everyone else on?
    Bx
  • Got a brand new Giant Cypher 1 which is 5 inches of shiny brand new never been ridden bike! Got a Giant Reign 2 I am selling which is 6" but s pig to ride up, yes it in Morzine for a few years. I also have a Cube hardtail for less knar riding ;-) but I will be on the Cypher!!!
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    I've got a Boardman team FS boingy bike :D.....in amazon size :lol:

Caz xx
  • Mrs Toast
    Mrs Toast Posts: 636
    I've got the Professor, an '09 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Elite. Getting a white bike seemed a really good idea at the start of summer, less so when winter hit! :P
  • miss notax
    Bx wrote:
    Miss Notax has a very pretty blue 5 I believe.

Yup, that's me :D

Looking forward to getting this in the diary now!

• DanielleT
    DanielleT Posts: 259
    I've got a Lapierre Spicy 516L - don't see many around as they stopped making them in 2009. Love it to pieces!! Carted me down some DH tracks (Moelfre, Wharnclife, Cwmcarn, Morzine etc) without any problems (apart from not being as plush as a coil sprung bike!!) Was thinking if I get in to DH more i'd trade it in for a DH bike and a shorter travelled trial bike such as the lapierre zesty or a trek fuel. I also have a GT HT with a really crap speck for thrashing around local bridle paths!

Aww wish I could make it in May, damn uni work!!
    delightfully dangerous!
  • Gingie
    Gingie Posts: 98
    Heya guys,

Gingie and Hels here;

Apologies for the late reply, i've been really busy with training and other work commitments!

Thanks for all who've filled in the questionnaire, it's going to help me develop a skills course to suit your needs. As i said before i'm based up in Newcastle so am heading down to Cannock this week to recce a route and design a course specific to your abilities so will get back to you with all the details next week.

Also, as it's the beginning of my season about to start up i'm really busy at the moment with all sorts of training and other things going on so i've partnered up with GMB who will be working in association with me to bring you this course- so if you have any questions feel free to give Gingie a shout out and she'll be able to get back to you on my behalf!

You can either holler her up on here or on FB

http://www.facebook.com/pages/GirlMTNbiker/132984866766026

Thanks for your patience! We'll get back to you next week with all the deets!

Hels & Gingie
  • Hi all

I'm new to the forum - my friend recommended I take a look at the thread about a training day at Cannock Chase. I'm Derbyshire-based and just back from 7-Stanes so can't really face/afford Perth. Something in the Mids would be perfect, I can do mid-week and I'm keen for coaching on jumps and drops so I'm definitely in!

Esther
  • Hey all!

Jumps and drops course with Helen sounds great. I'd love to say I could make the mid may date but I broke my collar bone at Innerleithen recently so I'm likely to need a bit longer to heal. Anyways, I'll keep an eye on this thread if any later dates get mentioned.

Suzyb, if you're out there I've not forgotten we need to do stile cope at some point and esther let me know if your fancy organising a ride as I live in Derbyshire too!

Sarah
    "office jobs suck"
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Suzyb, if you're out there I've not forgotten we need to do stile cope at some point and esther let me know if your fancy organising a ride as I live in Derbyshire too!

Sarah
    Have you got me mixed up with someone else, I live in Scotland :?
  • Lol @ suzyb.. On shecycles there is a suzybear and I assumed your were one and the same...
    "office jobs suck"