Please help with my dissertation

s-worksenduro
s-worksenduro Posts: 172
edited April 2011 in The hub
Hi all, currently a final year student and am doing my dissertation. I am investigating the world of Wi-Fi, and I have eight questions that I would like to ask to find out about the levels of knowledge there is around wireless security, how people use the internet and how to increase understanding.
If you would be able to answer this short questionnaire I would be much obliged.

It can be found HERE

Many thanks! :D
2009 Giant Anthem X2
2009 On One Il Pompino in SS CX mode!
2009 Giant Defy 2.5

Comments

• toby_winkler
    toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
    Just done it for you chap, pretty easy survey for anyone else thinking about doing it, literally took a couple of minutes.

Hope it helps!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    No.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    done :)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    cooldad wrote:
    No.
    + Carrot
    (I'm too tired to count to potato)
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The question on security levels, I could not use the same rating for more than one option.
  • done but as supe, only allowed to use one curit option once,
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • Thank you all for your help. I should have phrased question 4 a bit better possibly, it was my intention to only allow one answer per column as one answer provides no security, one is not very secure as it can be cracked in sub 20 seconds, the next is secure, but uses the same algorithm as the not very secure one, and the last one is very secure.
    Thanks for your feedback though, I won't be able to change the question at this stage unfortunately, but I will use your comments when I come to analyse my work
    2009 Giant Anthem X2
    2009 Giant Defy 2.5
  • clen666
    clen666 Posts: 36
    done one for you pal
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    done!
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    i did it but fibbed.....a lot.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • A massive thanks to everyone that has completed my survey, turnout has been better than I anticipated! I am running the survey until midnight Friday 15th April, so if there are more people out there that can spare a few minutes (average completion time is under two minutes) it would be a massive help and make my research much more valid.
    This isn't all of my research, I have also counted all of the wireless networks in an electoral district in Cardiff, and based on my findings, felt that it was important to find out why there were so many networks that were inadequately secured, and start to look into the ways to help people better protect themselves.
    The survey is still available at this address: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QPZZ623
    Thanks again.
    2009 Giant Anthem X2
    2009 Giant Defy 2.5
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I did it before it closed. I feel good now.
  • Thanks Angry Bird! There were 126 people that responded in total, so a huge thanks to the people of Bike Radar that helped out. I have put the results on my site for anyone that's interested, check them out at: http://mattdove.co.uk/survey.html
    Dissertation is nearly done, getting it bound at the beginning of next week, and then it's nearly over!
    If anyone has any questions about the research or has queries about making sure they are as secure as can be, ask away, and I'll do my best to answer.
    2009 Giant Anthem X2
    2009 Giant Defy 2.5