Route for Tomorrow (Sun) Starting Near Basingstoke M3

Bobbinboy
Bobbinboy Posts: 29
edited April 2011 in Routes
Hoping somoene can help me here. I am meeting up with an old pal who now lives in London and we have worked out that about half way between us to meet for a ride is Basingstoke on the M3. Can anyone suggest a good ride from this area and a good place to park just off the M3? Ride doesn't needs to be massive only 2-3 hours. :?:
No bike they've all been stolen...

Comments

• Bobbinboy
    Bobbinboy Posts: 29
    In the end I went for a very easy Hampshire cycle route which I blasted around in no time. Just a warning though the people in the village of Dummer near Basingstoke are a grumpy lot and don't like strangers in their village. I didn't know where to park so I pulled over and asked a guy walking along 'Where is the best place to park?' and he replied 'Why'. When I said I was meeting someone he said 'there is no where to park around here other than the road' and as I drove away and glanced in my rear view mirror he was stood there with a piercing glare.

When we got back from our ride we were immediately met by an 80 year old wielding his walking stick asking us where we had passed our driving licence because we should have known that it was an offence to park on a grass verge in Hampshire.

It was the sort of welcome the two guys got in the 'Slaughtered Lamb' in the village of 'East Proctor' in an 'American Werewolf in London'....
    No bike they've all been stolen...