Any riders in Skipton?

Comments

• Wobblehead
    Wobblehead Posts: 264
    What time you thinking about?
  • CharlieH
    CharlieH Posts: 410
    Not sure, need to help my son make breakfast so I guess anytime after 11am???
  • psymon01
    psymon01 Posts: 46
    Hi Charlie, i'm free tomorrow and need to get out for a ride!

around 11ish sounds good to me
  • CharlieH
    Where abouts?
  • psymon01
    Car park at cocklet hill?

I'll probably be there just after 11 - I drive a silver golf so keep an eye out if you're around.
  • Wobblehead
    Should be able to make it, I'll keep an eye out for your silver Golf. I'll be in a Silver A4 estate with bike on top
  • CharlieH
    I'm in silver Mazda 6 with tow bar rack!
  • Wobblehead
    Looks like silver is the colour then. :D

See you later

Ed
  • CharlieH
    Thanks for a great ride today guys, really enjoyed it and can't believe we did it 40 minutes quicker than my first visit.

Only downside is - thanks to Ed, I cant blame my age now for being so slow uphill!!!!

Looking forward to another outing soon
  • Wobblehead
    Really enjoyed it, depends how you look at it Charlie, I've had a couple more years than you to get fit :lol:

All I need to do now is MTFU on the down hill bits :x
  • CharlieH
    That's how I felt at that first rock drop in the woods! Just as I approached I heard someone say "this guy will show us how to do it" and I thought "bugger, I'll have to go for it now" :)
  • psymon01
    I still haven't recovered. Woke up this morning and couldn't move!

Was good fun though, will have to give that drop a go next time :lol:
  • CharlieH
    Simon- fancy trying the Embsey route I mentioned? First part is just road and it's not too hard apart from one massive climb I always walk! Best bit is that route ends at a pub so very handy for a post ride pint or food
  • psymon01
    yeah definately, just let me know when your free. It's only down the road from me so up for it anytime really!

Pub is always a bonus to!
  • Wobblehead
    Any one up for a spin on Sunday?
  • CharlieH
    Might be! Watching gran Prix in the morning but would like to get out in the pm. I would like to do the embsay moor ride as I reckon you could do the evil climb no problem, lol
  • Wobblehead
    Got some flats, they'll slow me down.

Let me know if you are up for a spin sun pm, should be fine for time.
  • CharlieH
    Got the ok for Sunday! Just heading out to a wedding but I'll check back in tonight to arrange time/place
  • CharlieH
    Right, I should be free from about 12:30 tomorrow if anyones playing out with me and Ed!

Ed, where do you fancy going? I don't know too many natural rides but I know 2 around Embsay/Bolton abbey way. Both include bits of road, off road climbs and natural descents.
  • psymon01
    I might be around for a ride tomorrow pm - will check back in the morning
  • Wobblehead
    Happy to go where ever. I know some good routes around Clapham but its a trek for you, Embsay / Bolton Abbey is in between us so probably better for all.

Let me know where and when.
  • psymon01
    I will be free about 1. Have to pop out for a bit but will check back in a while, happy to meet wherever
  • CharlieH
    Pub in Embsay (cavendish arms) might be busy but I stop either there or at the first car park at Bolton Abbey (£6 parking though)

If we meet at Bolton Abbey the route can be longer but meeting in embsay, we can finish at the pub. Either way, parking might be fun!
  • Wobblehead
    Maybe Embsay would be better, not as busy either. There are plenty of side streets to park in, I'll PM my numbers, give me a call or text and let me know
  • psymon01
    I reckon trying to find parking in Bolton Abbey will be a nightmare today. I'm sure we could find somewhere quiet in Embsay if the pub car park is full?
  • Wobblehead
    1 00 Embsay, somewhere near the Cavendish??
  • CharlieH
    Sounds good. Let's meet at the Cavendish, even if we're parked somewhere else
  • CharlieH
    Thanks to Ed and Simon for another great ride. I can't believe I actually got sunburnt, in April!!!!!!!!

Andy, did you get your bike sorted, we need to get you out as this is your thread afterall ;)
  • Wobblehead
    Sunburn was probably due to the wedding yesterday!!
  • psymon01
    Loved that route. Some nice fast decents despite the ramblers!

My arms are also looking a bit red now!