Franks chest fairing

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited April 2011 in Pro race
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,149
    iainf72 wrote:

Whenever I see motorbike racing, with that thing they have mounted to their back, I've wondered whether something similar would work (be allowed) in cycling. Although, if it did Graeme Obree would have invented it 15 years ago.

But I understand why Ferrari is upset. Why should a cheap piece of cardboard be allowed when several thousand pounds worth of 'orange juice' injection is banned? It's all science isn't it?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Perhaps Frank has a very saggy uni-moob?
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,103
    It was a Camelbak. Team Leopard, the only team that is dedicated to True Racing, confirmed this so it must be true.
  • peterst6906
    peterst6906 Posts: 530
    Funny that Michael Farrari would be questioning the legitimacy of a cyclists race tactics and suggesting the possibility of an "artificial alteration" and protest.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Actually saw someone else (from another team) using the same thing yesterday in the de Panne TT.

Expect to see it appearing more and more now.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    RichN95 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Whenever I see motorbike racing, with that thing they have mounted to their back, I've wondered whether something similar would work (be allowed) in cycling. Although, if it did Graeme Obree would have invented it 15 years ago.
    But I understand why Ferrari is upset. Why should a cheap piece of cardboard be allowed when several thousand pounds worth of 'orange juice' injection is banned? It's all science isn't it?

Aye, and it would have immediately been banned by the UCI :wink:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I thought Mick Rogers did this at the ToC last year?
  • TimB34
    TimB34 Posts: 316
    Strong look

ci3_schleckTT.jpg

I thought the Camelbak jersey/bladder things had the drink bladder on the back? Are people wearing them backwards or are they just rubbish at dressing themselves?
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I have a pair of built in aerodynamic fairings on my chest, don't seem to make me go any faster!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • LangerDan
    Frank just wanted to be like his brother after mishearing Stuey O'Grady asking Spartacus "Have you ever noticed, Andy's a right big tit?"
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Contador is the Greatest
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Ive seen it on someone else already this season ? Maybe the TT at Paris Nice ?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Cougie is right - Tony Martin according to Dr Ferrari

http://www.53x12.com/do/show?page=article&id=93
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • LangerDan
    Michele is just pissed that he didn't think of it first. And he wouldn't have filled it with just air, either.
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    didn't Harmon or Paul Sherwen or liggwett say about lance 'he appears to have a fairing to smooth the air from his helmet to his tors...' and Sherwen/boardman responded 'er that's his back'
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight