Retro team gear

nwallace
nwallace Posts: 1,465
edited April 2011 in The bottom bracket
Ok, I'm addicted.

Went onto Prendas to get a video and ended up buying the Peugeot and Renault shirts as well, now I've gone and added the Z and BIC shirts too.

Oh yeah I also have the Bianchi Polkadot from a while back

Question 1: Does anywhere else do similar gear (and I don't mean old skool Bianchi look alikes with Endura written on the front)

Question 2: Anyone else similarly daft?
Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days

Comments

• Yeah, im with you on this one. Love retro jerseys, if i had the money i would definitely buy quite a few.

This one is particularly stylish I reckon....though i certainly don't have Merckx's legs. It;s odd because off the bike I am the least stylish person in the world....but once I put on bibs... very different story....Matching Cap to Jersey is a must!

20100902_Molteni.jpg
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Me too, Peugeot BP from Prendas, Carrera, Cafe Columbia, PDM and Kelme bought when the teams were going.
  • nwallace
    Noticed the Pug ones are coming back but with Shell logos, and now you tell me they did them with BP logs. Bah I got into this too late!
    Also hoping the Coppi one comes back in XL or XXL.

The XL is the perfect fit for me, until it finds my belly...
    Do Nellyphants count?

• Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    nwallace wrote:
    Noticed the Pug ones are coming back but with Shell logos, and now you tell me they did them with BP logs. Bah I got into this too late!

The Peugeot BP jersey was very disappointing.

They got it wrong by having the checkered band too high up and the BP logo on the sleeves were too small and the wrong colour. They also missed the Michelin logo on the front. Pedantic I know, but if you're going to do it do it right.

I'd love to see a Holdsworth / Campagnolo jersey, they were the coolest on the British pro scene by a mile.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Z and Systeme U jerseys grace my body at times. Both purchases from Ebay £40 all in from different sellers.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • nwallace
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    nwallace wrote:

The Peugeot BP jersey was very disappointing.

They got it wrong by having the checkered band too high up and the BP logo on the sleeves were too small and the wrong colour. They also missed the Michelin logo on the front. Pedantic I know, but if you're going to do it do it right.

Think it's too high on the plain armed one too, but looks cool though.
    But just lacking in the arms

jersey.jpg

So can see this being bought an aw.
    Do Nellyphants count?

• Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    I have a few including the retro Raleigh Creda. A Peugeot top was next on my list.
  • It's not good though when you see stuff on Prendas being sold as retro gear which you bought when it first came out! Even worse when you buy it again because you can't fit into the orginal one anymore. :oops:

Noticed that they are bringing out a Systeme U jersey for the Fignon fans. Looks good, better start growing the ponytail!

http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?ID=2893
  • It's not good though when you see stuff on Prendas being sold as retro gear which you bought when it first came out! Even worse when you buy it again because you can't fit into the orginal one anymore. :oops:

I'm riding around in a Super U top from the first time round - but my excuse is that it was my dads then and I've 'borrowed' it :lol:
    Has the head wind picked up or the tail wind dropped off???
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I'm riding around in a Super U top from the first time round - but my excuse is that it was my dads then and I've 'borrowed' it :lol:

Mine's made from this new material called polyester, 65% of the stuff, not sure what the rest is as the label is faded.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Would have loved to get the PDM jersey, missed out there, hopefully they'll stock them again 1day. Don't need anymore jerseys but considering some Sean Kelly escapism with the Kas Kit.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    I have a circa '92 yellow Once jersey.

I have been keeping it until I can get back into it.

It is in pristine condition as it has been a while :oops:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Phil_D
    Phil_D Posts: 467
    Personally I don't think you should wear these unless you used to ride for the particular team in question at that particular period in time
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    It's not good though when you see stuff on Prendas being sold as retro gear which you bought when it first came out! Even worse when you buy it again because you can't fit into the orginal one anymore. :oops:

I have a Z top from when I was 15 and still squeeze into it - either due to my svelte grimpeur frame and physique or the fact that the polyester has given up - one of the two. I'll let you make your mind up.

Still, it's freakin' cool.

Does anyone know anywhere where you can get the shorts? Decent stuff though, not the cheap Chinese tat.
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Yossie wrote:
    It's not good though when you see stuff on Prendas being sold as retro gear which you bought when it first came out! Even worse when you buy it again because you can't fit into the orginal one anymore. :oops:

I have a Z top from when I was 15 and still squeeze into it - either due to my svelte grimpeur frame and physique or the fact that the polyester has given up - one of the two. I'll let you make your mind up.

Still, it's freakin' cool.

Does anyone know anywhere where you can get the shorts? Decent stuff though, not the cheap Chinese tat.

+1

I emailed Prendas when they brought out the Z shirt last year and they said that the short design had come back and wasn't great so I shouldn't hold my breath. Shame, as I'd buy the shirt if I could get the shorts.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Phil_D wrote:
    Personally I don't think you should wear these unless you used to ride for the particular team in question at that particular period in time

Meh......

I've never been a model for Levi but it doesn't stop me wearing their jeans :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Phil_D wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7yWbrX7Y3I

The Rock has a message for you.
  • And away we go...
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    I have one of the z ones as well, I had a z top when I was a little lad and used to wear it incessantly - I also have a highroad one as it was £20 which is cheaper than the non-replica ones

tempted to get one of the laVie Claire ones...
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • edhornby wrote:
    Itempted to get one of the laVie Claire ones...

I've got one (via prendas)
    Always love wearing it.
    reminds of those halcyon days of Hinault, lemond, JF Bernard, bauer et. al.
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • seanoconn wrote:
    Would have loved to get the PDM jersey, missed out there, hopefully they'll stock them again 1day. Don't need anymore jerseys but considering some Sean Kelly escapism with the Kas Kit.

I'm sure Prendas did them a while back. Mind you, I still have an original one, 1st jersey I ever bought!
  • seanoconn wrote:

I'm sure Prendas did them a while back. Mind you, I still have an original one, 1st jersey I ever bought!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243
    I'm on a desperate search to get some small or extra small '98 Giro Mercatone Uno bib shorts.

The only ones I can find are for XXLers.

http://www.all4cycling.com/shop/product ... rrency=GBP

I have the jersey already.
  • I still have a Ceramiche Areostea shirt I bought in the early 90's, it's in a bit of a state now but still wearable (if a little tight around the gut), the design still looks fantastic.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    seanoconn wrote:

I convinced myself a medium i found on ebay would fit, made me look like a sausage. :cry:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • fizz
    fizz Posts: 483
    I love the retro jerseys. I've spent way to much money on the Prendas website its the devils work I tell thee.

In my collection

Carerra Blue Jeans
    PDM
    GAN
    Z
    TVM
    Panasonic
    La Via Claire & matching bibs
    Mercatone Uno & Matching Bibs - the girlfriend calls this my banana man outfit
    :oops:

Mercatone Uno and La vie claire stuff came via Prendas.

Renault or Peugeot ( white with check ) next but would also like a Systeme U one but by ebay search has proved fruitless on that one.
  • I've still got a smaller PDM top, but I can't squeeze into that. Well, that's a lie - I can squeeze into but the result's not pretty :lol: When I was about 6 or 7 my dad got me a proper Raleigh Creda top with all the Campagnolo logos on.

I'm going to have to start pestering my dad seeing as he doesn't cycle anymore - I know there's a Z long sleeved top and Areostea top in his collection
    Has the head wind picked up or the tail wind dropped off???
  • fizz wrote:
    Renault or Peugeot ( white with check ) next but would also like a Systeme U one but by ebay search has proved fruitless on that one.

Looks like Prendas is gonna be getting more of your hard-earned cash :lol:

http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?ID=2893
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • fizz
    fizz Posts: 483

I know I went on the site after I posted that, its like they read my mind. Prendas are evil I tell you... :lol:
  • fizz wrote:

I know I went on the site after I posted that, its like they read my mind. Prendas are evil I tell you... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLNW9w1odK4