Brecon Beacons accomodation?

marlowrider1975
marlowrider1975 Posts: 3
edited April 2011 in Routes
Maybe have been posted previously but couldnt find the answers?

Im going to Brecon Beacons - biking weekend - can anyone reccommend cost effective but good accomodation?, with good reach to the Beacons?, looked all over but many are too expensive, too far away or booked!! any advice?.. is say abergavenny too far away?

and can anyone recommend any good routes? as per the above

Cheers

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    abergavenny is about a 30 min drive from brecon and the heart of the beacons, there is some good riding around abergavenny -the sugar loaf and blorenge being 2 good rides, the blorenge was featured in mbr last month.

most of the rides start around brecon itself though i think, what's your budget? would you camp?
  • Thanks for the reply

Was hoping to stay either in a pub or a town, for ease, plus a mate is hiring a bike too, ideally like to get up and ride rather than drive to a location. and there's the locality of bike shops to think about.

Been searching and searching Brecon but they are pretty booked up already, didn't know whether staying 'in' Brecon was the best idea.

Not thought of camping, option I guess, budget is about £40pp per night, give or take 5-10 quid, theres 3 of us which it part of the issue as you have to get a twin AND a single generally and it's small pickings in Brecon, finding it difficult sourcing as we could end up out in the stix with no pubs or bike shops nearby
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i'll see if i can find anything that suits you and let you know :D

the george hotel in the centre of brecon is reasonable and there's a bike shop literally 100m away. i think you'll be able to get 2 rooms for around £90 if you give them a call :D

not sure if you've seen this or not but it might give you an idea of where the rides are :D

http://www.mtbbreconbeacons.co.uk/