How am I still 16st?

1235»

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Also I don't have scales in the house I weigh myself very rarely.

Body size/shape is my concern and it shouldn't be a major one as I'm told I'm shaped quite well.

Area's that need improving - core (I wanna lose my moobs and gut) and cycling doesn't really help with that.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    JonGinge wrote:
    but, yes, powermeter. Doooooo eeeeeeeeet!

So a powermeter with 50mm carbon rims, or will I incur the wrath of the cross-wind fairy.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Not sure a power meter will help answer the question as improved muscle efficiency would mean more power for same calories or less calories for same power.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Sketchley wrote:
    Not sure a power meter will help answer the question as improved muscle efficiency would mean more power for same calories or less calories for same power.

Shhhh - I'd convinced myself.

Haven't you answered your question though?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,484
    JonGinge wrote:
    Calorie counts from bike computers are bad guesstimates. FACT

Indeed. Just numbers to worry about. There's a certain freedom to not having a speedo, but I suspect that my tendency to pootle when not faced with some competition has increased.

@DDD: You tease. And yes a pub lunch is as bad as a takeaway.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    JZed wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:
    Not sure a power meter will help answer the question as improved muscle efficiency would mean more power for same calories or
    less calories for same power.

Shhhh - I'd convinced myself.

Haven't you answered your question though?

Not yet. I'm not sure about the muscle efficiency argument at all or if true what effect it has in real terms. However if it were true and had noticeable effect a power meter wouldn't help prove it.

Ok I'll shut up now.......
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    rjsterry wrote:
    I'm just intrigued by the medical explanation behind a 10st size 18 :shock: :?

'twas purely hypothetical :)
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    rjsterry wrote:
    I'm just intrigued by the medical explanation behind a 10st size 18 :shock: :?

'twas purely hypothetical :)
    Violet Beauregarde in Willy Wonka
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,484
    I knows. Was just wondering if such a thing were even possible.

Size 18 is 42-35-44 so we're talking quite dumpy - that or someone who is largely helium.

Human density is roughly the same as water so a 10st/63.5kg person would have a volume of 0.0635m3...

What is the matter with me?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Body size/shape is my concern and it shouldn't be a major one as I'm told I'm shaped quite well.

Area's that need improving - core (I wanna lose my moobs and gut) and cycling doesn't really help with that.

Something doesn't add up here :?

Round is a shape? :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • DonDaddyD
    daviesee wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Something doesn't add up here :?

Round is a shape? :wink:
    So despite those that love you loving the way you look? Is there is nothing about yourself that you would improve?

Doesn't stop others saying you have a good shape....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    my missus says she loves the way i look but i know deep down she is revolted by me.

:(
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    my missus says she loves the way i look but i know deep down she is revolted by me.

awww do you want a hug?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    So despite those that love you loving the way you look? Is there is nothing about yourself that you would improve?

Doesn't stop others saying you have a good shape....

Yes, lots

and

Nobody does.

But I don't fret about it :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • DonDaddyD
    Well I have broad globe like shoulders, dashing collar bones which form the base of that coat hanger shape that women (Ms d) loves. The width it casts plunges down towards my slightly thinner waist, epic thighs and god like calfs. My arms are shapely as well. Ms d likes to hold onto them.

But being honest with myself I'd either tone or lose the moobs and gut so the side profile is just as sweet.

Haters gone hate after this post.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Ms d likes to hold onto them.

When she lifts you off the Bog?
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • DonDaddyD
    Greg we've discussed this. Having your significant other help you out during potty time is not normal behaviour, no matter how much you may enjoy it.

Same as playing rusty trombone....
    Food Chain number = 4

• Greg T
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Greg we've discussed this. Having your significant other help you out during potty time is not normal behaviour, no matter how much you may enjoy it.

You've got to have a hobby

• DonDaddyD
    Slapping poor people across the face with a wedge not enough?
    Food Chain number = 4

• Greg T
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Slapping poor people across the face with a wedge not enough?

I prefer goading public servants about basic economics . . . . .

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052

:lol::lol::lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.