Just down the road in Market drayton
  • I'm in Rudyard, hence the name.
    :lol:
  • castlelad
    castlelad Posts: 414
    rudyardmtb wrote:
    I'm in Rudyard, hence the name.
    :lol:

has clarkson pulled his "toybota" out the lake yet ? whats riding like up there ?
  • They did indeed eventually. Round here its all bloody footpaths. Only just back into biking so not to sure what the moors are like for routes, will hopefully find out in the summer.
    Chris
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hanchurch is worth a look
  • tofu21
    tofu21 Posts: 359
    Bignall End that's almost Stoke
  • chatters
    chatters Posts: 107
    Im in hartshill mate, where are you?
    pinkbike.com/photo/790916
  • castlelad
    matthew h wrote:
    Hanchurch is worth a look

yes it aint too bad.....bit dicey when wet/muddy for me.......im a bit of a light weight in the off road stakes.....
  • castlelad
    chatters wrote:
    Im in hartshill mate, where are you?

was in castle(opp greyhound pub/behind the alma pub!) but now in bradwell......
  • Ahh Dan me man, wondered where you had gone too. You up for a Llandegla trip yet?
    Chris
  • Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    rudyardmtb wrote:
    Ahh Dan me man, wondered where you had gone too. You up for a Llandegla trip yet?
    Chris

Hey guys - remember that I'm up for a trip to LLangedla as well!!

That is as long as the stitch removal goes well tomorrow morning (skiing accident from 2 weeks ago - 6 internal & 11 external stitches in my right leg). Doh!!

Dan - the hardtail DH bike's coming along, almost all of the bits purchased and frame going off to the powder-coaters next week. Then I'll be up for a little play at Macc Forest DH - you still a key-holder?
  • Hi Mark

Hadn't forgotten about you. More stitches, nice. I guess you'll be biking with full body armour going forward :D

Chris
  • Proutster
    Chris - yes, the robocop suit will be purchased soon :lol:

Perhaps I should grow up & start acting my age? Nah!!

I see from the Slow Rides thread that you had an off - hope you're OK and that it's nothing too serious. Where did you come off? Was it going down Charity Lane or the long descent from the Cat & Fiddle?
  • chatters
    hey chris yea definately up for the llandegla trip still, mark and chris whens best for you?
    Newcastle lad, what sort of riding are you in to and where do you ride locally?
  • chatters
    Proutster, yea im still a key holder up at macc, was up there yesterday morning in the pouring rain but its great fun up there! Are you able to ride in the week cuz weekends are a bit hit and miss at the moment for me!
  • Dan, what weekends do you think you can manage as i can't do mid week. The more the merrier by the way for anyone else that is interested.

I can honestly say i have never had a bruise as big as i have on my thigh, came of a dooser. It was at the downhill through the forest to the car park at the bottom, thankfully the final stretch, i bounced.

Chris
  • Proutster
    chatters wrote:
    Proutster, yea im still a key holder up at macc, was up there yesterday morning in the pouring rain but its great fun up there! Are you able to ride in the week cuz weekends are a bit hit and miss at the moment for me!

Dan - and Chris - yes I can do some mid-weeks because I'm in sales, with all of the flexibility that brings!! In fact the last time I was at Llandegla it was after a meeting with a customer!!

During the weekend only sundays are good for me (as I play golf on Saturdays) - but I guess it's pretty rammed there at the weekend (only been during the week).

Macc forest & The Peaks in the week is even easier as I'm in our Congleton office when not out visiting customers, so I can get there within 30 mins.

Can't wait to get the Hardtail built up now - should be ready in 2 weeks or so - does that fit with you Dan?
  • castlelad
    chatters wrote:
    hey chris yea definitely up for the llandegla trip still, mark and chris whens best for you?
    Newcastle lad, what sort of riding are you in to and where do you ride locally?

into anything "nice n steady" really, rode keele woods a few times,apedale,hanchurch and some tidy railway paths between newcastle that go to apedale/chesterton and silverdale quarry(when security aint looking) oh and wolstanton golf course today on me way home from work......but due to working nights and not much "me time" not as often as i'd like....but mainly commuting to/from work by whichever route takes my fancy between bradwell and keele.
  • chatters
    castlelad I should be up Apedale tomorrow afternoon anytime after 4pm, im working unfortunately! We ride the bluebell woods end as Mini Downhill courses.
    proutster Yea couple of weeks is fine, just let me know when your ready! rudyardmtb can you make a mid week ride up macc?
  • Dan, the best i could manage is 5.15ish so not much good really, never mind sure we will catch up again some time.

Mark will have to sort something out for a trip out sometime.

Chris
  • Proutster
    Will do.

It'll probably be in a couple of week's time when I don't have to worry about popping open the leg wound where the stitches were.

We could also fit in a quick evening ride around Macc Forest - Chris, you work in Macc don't you?
  • chatters
    I could probably fit in an evening ride sometime soon, just let me know, Proutster how long till youve got the DH hardtail built up?
  • Proutster
    chatters wrote:
    I could probably fit in an evening ride sometime soon, just let me know, Proutster how long till youve got the DH hardtail built up?

Took the frame to the powder-coaters yesterday, they said it'll be done either by the end of this week or, if not, by the end of next week - not sure what's happened to the bits inbetween the ends of the week but....

Then I've got to finish getting the bits. Need bars, grips, seat post clamp, saddle, tyres and tubes & gear cables. Got everything identified, just waiting for my March expenses from work then I can buy it all. Then to build it.... So it should be finished in 2-3 week's time, depending on the frame.

Shall we aim for a quick loop around Macc Forest on Weds next (13th)? rudyardmtb can you make this? Start at 6ish?
  • sounds like a plan, up for that one. need to get the demons out of me :-)
  • Going to have to give this one a miss, wife had planned something already, and told me, and i had forgotten. :oops: Catch up again.

Chris