Painful Pee

Baggervance
Baggervance Posts: 17
I've recently completed 2 sportives and for a day or so after have experienced pain when peeing, I consumed 2 power bar gels and 2 bottles of power aid drink during the events.

Could energy drinks or energy gels be the cause?

Never get these symptoms after training/social rides when I consume normal food & drink.

No other symptoms at all and in good health

Ouch :oops:

Comments

• jocksyboy
    jocksyboy Posts: 135
    more likely dehydration combined with extra pressure on the nether regions. if it gets better after a day or so i wouldn't worry. if it continues speak to your GP.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells
  • colsoop
    colsoop Posts: 217
    Sounds to me like pressure on the under carriage. Hows your saddle set is it a bit nose up not allowing the bum bones to take the weight fully.
  • Thanks for the replies, could be saddle and or dehydration due to the extra effort.

Saddle is set neutral / level position but have to admit I'm not entirely happy with comfort and still trying to find my perfect match.
  • CarbonCopy
    CarbonCopy Posts: 492
    Sounds like prostate inflammation to me but i aint no doctor.Go and see your GP.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Drink a LOT more than 2 bottles of water! Unless the sportives were very short.

As someone who drinks very little on long rides, I can attest to pee pain when dehydrated. Once I get the fluids in me again, pain goes away.
  • Skippy2309
    Skippy2309 Posts: 426
    i agree with the others, dehydration makes it burn like a .......... if its dehydration it usually smells like sugar puffs and is gonna be darker than normal.

if its nice and clear go see your GP cos it dont sound too good.
    FCN: 5/6 Fixed Gear (quite rapid) in normal clothes and clips :D

Cannondale CAAD9 / Mongoose Maurice (heavily modified)
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Skippy2309 wrote:
    if its dehydration it usually smells like sugar puffs and is gonna be darker than normal..

Thats more than likely to do with ketones and/or glucose in you urine than dehydration, and not something thats normal (could be an indication of diabetes amongst other things).

@OP, I'd have a word with the GP, having had bladder / kidney issues (which lead to having a camera shoved where it really didn't want to go) is something that you shouldn't leave unchecked.
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I had these symptoms after a sportive and after a little thought, I put it down to drinking too strong a solution of energy drinks & too many gels (too much sugar).
    I did a subsequent sportive on water and natural foos... No issues :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Full Merckx
    Full Merckx Posts: 143
    Thats more than likely to do with ketones and/or glucose in you urine than dehydration, and not something thats normal (could be an indication of diabetes amongst other things).

@OP, I'd have a word with the GP, having had bladder / kidney issues (which lead to having a camera shoved where it really didn't want to go) is something that you shouldn't leave unchecked.

Ketones are normal when you're dehydrated and catabolic. It's fine as long as it returns to normal. Agree with other posts, drink more but urethral compression can still make it sting and sometimes mark it hard to pee too.
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    Two days after sounds severe.
    You are probably spending more time in one position on a saddle set up that isn't ideal and also pushing harder during your sportives.
    Very yellow pee (dehydrated) won't on its own cause pain but if you have inflamed your personal inner tube it will have the effect of stinging a whole lot more.
    Try the slightly nose down position for the saddle and/or try a saddle with the centre concave or open, plus decent cycling shorts worn with nowt under.
    Also have you got the saddle a bit high? This with have the effect of grinding your undercarriage into the seat more.
    Lastly try this before the GP but two days does seem a long time after the ride. If you don't get an improvement along the lines I have suggested then get down the Doc's.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    so Bagger.... Did you sort the problem out? All better now?