bianchi via nirone xenon 2011 v Canondale CAAD 8 Tiagra

saltydog
saltydog Posts: 36
edited April 2011 in Road buying advice
I am in the process of updating from a Spesh but to be honest following weeks of research I am down to two yet still cant make my mind up any thoughts , all help will be much appreciated

Thanks
Willier Triestina
Spesh (winter)

Comments

• lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Heart says Italian on Italian.

Head says the CAAD will have the better groupset, Xenon is a tad clunky and plasticky.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • saltydog
    Thanks I have looked at so many bikes and if |i dont get to a decision soon the summer will be here and gone , agree re the group set though
    Willier Triestina
    Spesh (winter)
  • titch124
    titch124 Posts: 39
    personally would go for the bianchi as i think the frame looks much better.

but i am biased as i own a bianchi , and i don't like a lot of the cannondale frames

agree on the groupset though
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    My advice would be to go somewhere that you can see the Xenon levers for yourself, see how you get on with them compared to Tiagra. Personally I'd have the 'dale but a bit of my soul would leave the shop crying in garbled Italian that I'd done a terrible thing :-)
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • saltydog
    Good point off to Hargroves tomorrow to have another go
    Willier Triestina
    Spesh (winter)
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    One other wee thing. Something I love about my CAAD5 is that it has a very low bottom bracket compared to other bikes, so it's easy to put a foot down in traffic without getting off the saddle.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    unixnerd wrote:
    One other wee thing. Something I love about my CAAD5 is that it has a very low bottom bracket compared to other bikes, so it's easy to put a foot down in traffic without getting off the saddle.

If it's that low, surely the negative effect it will have on cornering performance will be far more annoying than the benefit of being able to be stationary more comfortably!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • saltydog
    Changed my mind at the 11th hour gone for this instead Cannondale Cipollini Ltd Edition thanks for your comments though
    Willier Triestina
    Spesh (winter)
  • Cool- where did you find one of those?