Foot pain

homeronabike
homeronabike Posts: 42
edited April 2011 in Road beginners
Hi all.

I'm new to road biking and have noticed I'm getting pains in one foot after a while on the bike. I noticed my saddle wasn't straight and corrected that and the pain stopped for a few short rides but now I'm going a bit further its back again. Sometimes its the outside of my foot and sometimes more the front of my foot.
I've moved the cleat about a bit with no noticeable difference.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Giant VT 2
Cube Aerial

Comments

• Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Cleats can take an age to get right. Suggest you ask your lbs to take a quick look at your position on the bike to eliminate the obvious.
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • Berk Bonebonce
    Berk Bonebonce Posts: 1,245
    Road shock from running tyres at too high a pressure. When a tyre manufacturer puts a max pressure on their tyres, that's like the pressure you would run them at on smooth asphalt in Switzerland. This is the most s*** and backward country in Western Europe and has road surfaces to match. I only run tyres at their min recommended pressure.
  • shmo
    shmo Posts: 321
    I used to get pain in one foot on long rides when I used shimano shoes. Turned out I've got one foot slightly bigger than the other and the shoes were a bit too narrow for it. Took a long time to track down the cause though.

Could be a similar issue if your feet are slightly different sizes.