Angels.. The Revenge

Mr Dog
Mr Dog Posts: 643
edited April 2011 in The bottom bracket
It had all been going so well. Last week I managed to bag most of my local climbs and the weather was great. One of my best weeks of cycling after a long lay off due to surgery.
On Sunday the clocks went forward and my eldest had birthday party. So I skipped the morning session and was happy to do the family thing.
When all was calm and the Dancing On Ice theme tune filled the lounge, I saw my opportunity and went for it. "Just popping on the turbo"... no answer.. great I'm in.
Angels was my choice as the lappy booted into life.
Well I must have been over doing it somewhat as the kids kept complaining they couldn't sleep for the 'aeroplane noise'. I repelled every attack with gusto.
After another sucessful mountain stage win I settled down with a beer and a slight twinge in my groin area. Bedtime came and went.
Next morning I awoke to the sensation of boiling water being poured down the front of my pj's. I quite simply could not move without yelling out in some strange tongue. AGONY was here for a visit. The kids came through looking rather disturbed even a little frightened. It was time to get a grip... of the headborad and try get out of bed to get the kids off to school. Just how I managed I still don't know.
My life had changed.. suddendly everyday tasks were a venture into 'the pain box' ..damn you Sufferfest. The stairs were now a mountain.. all fours are a must.
Next day the Mrs took pity on me and did the school run, its just a shame the same could not be said about my work colleagues who have suggested that in fact I was not the rider, but must have been ridden in some rough fashion. The kind lady on NHS24 has given great advice and I'm slowly getting better, but her 3 day recovery estimate was a little optimistic. Every night is a strruggle until I find that one pain free position...then its morning again and Mr Agony comes calling.Turtle/ back .....you get the idea..
So if you miss a session.. just let it go :(
Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?

Comments

• Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    There are folk on here with broken legs, hips, arms and collar bones and you write all that and all you did was pull a muscle? :lol:
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    ^^^^^^^^ He's saying..........................

lynx_ohno_231007.jpg
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Mr Dog
    Mr Dog Posts: 643
    Until Monday I thought Voltarol was a character from Harry Potter. Thanks for your sympathy.. to make things worse the sun has started shinning again.. seems everyone is mocking me. Boo hoo. :lol:
    Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Angels? I sincerely not that shyyyyyyyte by the fat lad from Stoke who can't dance?

R Williams in a postal sack being hit with pick axe handles - now that I'm lovin' instead......
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    Yossie wrote:
    Angels? I sincerely not that shyyyyyyyte by the fat lad from Stoke who can't dance?

R Williams in a postal sack being hit with pick axe handles - now that I'm lovin' instead......

im sensing some latent agression there, would you like to discuss it.?
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Yossie wrote:

The cut him all over with an open razor and pour vinegar on him.

OOps, did I type this out loud. :twisted:
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    I would much rather an hour on the turbo to a sufferfest than listen to Robbie Williams, unless I was listening to him screaming due to being put through a wood pulper while fully conscious. There would be nothing left for dmclite to cut and pour vinegar on though. Sorry mate. :P
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    I would much rather an hour on the turbo to a sufferfest than listen to Robbie Williams, unless I was listening to him screaming due to being put through a wood pulper while fully conscious. There would be nothing left for dmclite to cut and pour vinegar on though. Sorry mate. :P

Wood chipper then. Mind they would be chunky chips.