New Build for 2011

Coyote
Coyote Posts: 212
edited April 2011 in Your road bikes
I will be putting it together over the next few weeks and will add photos to the on line album as I get the parts assembled. Once its complete I'll embed a couple of photos but for now you can see where I'm up to via this link:

http://picasaweb.google.com/11409723256 ... qZm_293AE#

Wheels are Shamal Ultras, groupset will be 2011 Record, bar tape will be white! Not sure about the tyres yet. I use Pro 3 Race normally but need to decide on colour.

Comments

• EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    I'm looking forward to seeing that built up!

Is that Aliante black/blue? If so then definitely gotta be black bartape. Also, tyre colour - gotta be all black or maybe dark blue.
  • bencolem
    bencolem Posts: 463
    Oh, oh, oh I'm liking that! Colour scheme is soo much better than last years and I love the colour matches on the finishing kit. V.cool!
  • Coyote
    I am expecting to receive the group set in the next few days and then the fun will begin! :D

I will post a few pics of the build too.
  • Coyote
    I have added a few more photos to the album now that I have most of the parts.

Probably only worth viewing right now if you get excited by new parts gleaming in newly opened boxes! I think I may need therapy! :lol:

Pedals on the way - Look Carbon/Ti Blades.

Build will commence shortly!

http://picasaweb.google.com/11409723256 ... 1244250450
  • Lig
    Lig Posts: 178
    That is going to look awesome... Great choice of frame, a bit different from your Pinarellos and Colnagos....

Where did you get the blue Seatpost and bars, is this a new factory stock colour??

Cheers,
    Lig.
  • Coyote
    Lig,

I believe the blue/black is new for 2011. Not sure if its to special order but it is on the Cinelli web site now. I wasn't so keen on the original red/white/blue but this one is very classy IMHO!

I ordered it via my LBS and it came from Italy in around 4 weeks.

The frame price includes the bars/stem and seatpost in the matching colour. They also provide the headset bearings and a FSA BB30 convertor. (I don't need that as I'm going to use the Campag cups).

I think Cinelli may also do custom painting of the RAM bars. I haven't looked into it but if you are on facebook you can check out the Cinelli pages - loads of really funky stuff there!
  • Lig
    Lig Posts: 178
    Nice one. Thanks for the info.

I will look forward to seeing it all built up...

Cheers,
    Lig.
  • Coyote
    edited March 2014
    Here we go! A bit later than I intended but built in time for some better weather....I hope!

I'm not 100% sure about the tyre colour but I've bought them now! Maybe grey walls would have been better?

Will get it's 1st outing very soon!
  • awesome job
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Agree about the tyres, not the best but doesn't exactly ruin it. The rest - very nice!
  • antlaff
    antlaff Posts: 583
    Hi great looking bike - kind of like the tyres as add a wee bit of colour but not to much. Love the Ram bars.
  • very nice bikes mate
    enigma echo
    giant trance x
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Those blue PR3s stay blue for quite a while, great tyres. Imo an all blue Aliante, like the one I have would have been better because the blue on your blue\black one is a bit too dark imo.

Nice bike though coyote! :wink:
  • Mr Dog
    Mr Dog Posts: 643
    As Churchill would say .."Oh Yes". Shouts many pennies to me. :D
    Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?
  • Coyote
    After a week or so the blue PR3s are growing on me! :-)

I may try and source some blue scuff guards for the Aliante as a cheap way of checking out how that looks so thanks for the idea Mr. Mancp (how are you by the way? Good I hope!)

The RAM bars are taking a wee bit of getting used to. I bought a set of one piece PRO Stealth Evo's for my Paris last year and love them so I thought I would be on safe ground with the RAM. They are not quite as comfy on the tops as the Stealth (the best when it comes to grinding up the Galibier!), being a wee bit broad for my wee hands (!) but they are the most comfortable bars I've ever used when down on the drops. Its like putting on your favourite gloves, honest! Very comfy indeed. They are a challenge to cable up too but worth the effort.

As for cost....well, it comes in a frame, fork, headset, bars/stem, seat post package so when you look at how much the RAM bars & seat post cost on their own you are getting a lot of frame and fork for the money.......well that's what I said when the card statement was thrust at me across the the kitchen table!
  • AndyF16
    AndyF16 Posts: 506
    Coyote wrote:
    Probably only worth viewing right now if you get excited by new parts gleaming in newly opened boxes!

You're in the right place to find such people, me included! Lovely colour matching, great bike :)
    2011 Bianchi D2 Cavaria in celeste (of course!)
    2011 Enigma Echo 57cm in naked Ti
    2009 Orange G2 19" in, erm orange
  • c0ugars
    c0ugars Posts: 202
    I really like handle bars, where did you get them from??
  • I'm liking the blue tyres - think they blend quite well. I do think that a white or white & black saddle would balance the handlebars and logo details better than the current black one though

Nice bike though - i'll score it an Alan Partridge 9 over 10. :D
    Has the head wind picked up or the tail wind dropped off???
  • Zoomer37
    Zoomer37 Posts: 725
    Nice ride.

As for the tyres - schwalbe Ultremo zx's in black would look lovely on that
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Very nice. I think the blue tyres rather suit it (nice RAM stem and pin) however if you insist on black tyres treat it to a set of gumwall Veloflexes Pave/Masters in 22C.
  • Coyote
    Good tyre suggestions folks, thanks. I hadn't considered the Veloflexe Pave/Masters so will give them some thought. The saddle ain't the cheapest thing to replace so I'm sticking with the black for now but points are well made.

C0ugars - the RAM bars/stem, as well as the seat post, come with the frame and fork as a package. You can buy these items individually but not in this colour combo as far as I'm aware. Also included is the computer mount which is an astonishing £35 on its own!