When did you last brown your trousers?

Vesterberg
Vesterberg Posts: 330
edited April 2011 in The bottom bracket
I'm interested in your responses for a thesis I'm doing for Luton University.

Comments

• Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    edited March 2011
    PW - Not sure when I last browned my trousers, but I will be p1ssing my pants when the next ban stick whacks you across the arse.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    I never brown my trousers. That's why I wear pants - the first and only line of defence..
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • crazy88
    crazy88 Posts: 560
    Vesterberg wrote:

So nice and scientific then. Asking a bunch of internet people in the most random section of a forum that i've ever seen. I can just imagine the thesis now:

"It was found, through extensive research, that 27% of cyclists have browned their trousers within the last hour. 70% think this is a silly question so gave a false answer. The remaining 3% had eaten a curry the night before, were not even cyclists, but still had a brown trousers moment"
    Out with the old, in with the new here.
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    how many posts before the ban?
    latest odds are on your screen now....(in cockney geeza voice)
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Is there an option for "I'm wearing brown trousers"?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,224
    As long as no-one mentions rusty trombones...
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Ive just browned mine reading this Poll.......... :shock:
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • redrobbo
    redrobbo Posts: 727
    crazy88 wrote:
    Vesterberg wrote:
    I'm interested in your responses for a thesis I'm doing for Luton University..

So nice and scientific then. Asking a bunch of internet people in the most random section of a forum that i've ever seen. I can just imagine the thesis now:

"It was found, through extensive research, that 27% of cyclists have browned their trousers within the last hour. 70% think this is a silly question so gave a false answer. The remaining 3% had eaten a curry the night before, were not even cyclists, but still had a brown trousers moment".

Thesis? It is a joke. Thesis/Faeces. Geddit? No? I don't blame you.
  • GrahamN
    GrahamN Posts: 66
    Touching cloth should be an option , cause that`s bordering on brown , is it not
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Luton hasn't got a Uni. It's got a technical college they rebranded to try and make thick people who couldn't get into Uni feel like they were in Uni. But they aren't and everyone else knows that no matter how much the technical college-ists try and say "when I was at Uni" etc etc etc

At the most it's a poly. Either way its indicative of the malaise affecting the British edukashunal system.

Re the original query - do you mean skidders or full brown trouser job?
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    GrahamN wrote:
    Touching cloth should be an option , cause that`s bordering on brown , is it not

officially if you actually touch cloth then that will count as a brown-except when clause 8c is relevant*

*clause 8c if said brown is of sufficient firmness to not transfer brown it shall be deemed un-browned.
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    crazy88 wrote:
    Vesterberg wrote:

"It was found, through extensive research, that 27% of cyclists have browned their trousers within the last hour. 70% think this is a silly question so gave a false answer. The remaining 3% had eaten a curry the night before, were not even cyclists, but still had a brown trousers moment"

MVkEtyle.jpg
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • crazy88
    Aggieboy wrote:
    crazy88 wrote:
    Vesterberg wrote:

MVkEtyle.jpg

haha! :D
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Whilst we are on the subject I have a friend who wants to know if there are any recommendations for getting skid marks out of cycling shorts. He wants to sell them but thinks he might find it difficult with the skid marks still there.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • crazy88
    I think it'd help them sell personally. I'd be looking for a high selling price on my skiddies.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Surely it depends if they are just basic level 1 skidders - ie just discoloration of the pad material or level 8, being a high density skidder with bits that you can scrape off and flick at people.

If a level 8, then I'd say that adds at least an extra 1.37p to the price. Anything inbetween requires an independent view I reckon.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    I have only just noticed that I have, it was still quite wet so I have assumed that it was within the last hour.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I’ve never done it (not since I was a toddler anyway).

A mate once followed through while we were at a gig though. He was watching the band and his expression just changed in an instant. He then had to use his socks to clean himself up a bit before abandoning his duds and socks in a cubicle cistern and getting out sharpish.

Brilliantly the whole event can be acted out in Smiley form below -

:D "Yay, a gig"

:? "What the.."

:shock: "Oh no..."

:oops: "I only bloody well have..."

:cry: "Nasty business..."

:arrow:

Hope this helps.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    I stabbed my thumb with some scissors this morning and have just noticed a blood spot on my jeans, it looks quite brown.

I love spaghetti with drippy sauces so I can regularly orange or cream them (fnarr) in quite a random manner.

We'll not talk about the Earls Court Royal Tournamnet incident.