It's Back......

brin
brin Posts: 1,122
edited April 2011 in The bottom bracket
......Top Of The Pops, next Thursday BBC4 usual time 7.30, not a new series but a re-run of the old series from 1976 onwards, now then now then, where's those flairs and tank tops i knew would make a come back?

Comments

• Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Quo oh oh oh ohhhhhhhh!
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,860
    It's time for a come back!
  • Aggieboy
    Wuuhooooo........

blondie3DM_468x662.jpg

Heart_of_Glass1979a.jpg
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Crispybug
    Crispybug Posts: 58
    For the duration of the 'Heart of Glass' video Debbie Harry is, was and remains the most beautiful woman I've ever seen!!
    Mad as a box of badgers
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    I just turned 16 again! :P
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Aggiebhoy and Crispybug, you have impeccable taste.

That is all.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    i was in the middle of the front row when Blondie played Newcastle City Hall in 1977, supporting Television

Debbie Harry was wearing that black number with the thigh length black boots..........nice
  • Slapshot
    Slapshot Posts: 211
    Ahhhhh, my first lust........First thing the now Mrs Slapshot did when we got together was remove the lifesize poster of Ms Harry from the back of my bedroom door.... I still have it secreted away somewhere...don't tell the missus!!!
  • Ah the 70's when bands were proper shows.

suzieq.jpg

garyglitter.jpg
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,568
    klf1.jpg
  • jc4lab
    jc4lab Posts: 554
    IBBC Only started archiving TOTP in 1976 and Only 4 episodes from the 60s remain..All the others just wiped..Wonder if we will get to see Pans People and the beautiull Babs.
    jc
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    do you think theyll actually show mr g. glitter? or maybe miis out the odd show to avoid him. mr cellophane wants to be in his gang oh yeeah :lol:
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • Aggieboy
    Actually, I'm having second thoughts about watching this.................................

jimmysaville_200_200x300.jpg
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Actually, I'm having second thoughts about watching this.................................

jimmysaville_200_200x300.jpg
    NASTY !!
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    mattshrops wrote:
    do you think theyll actually show mr g. glitter? or maybe miis out the odd show to avoid him. mr cellophane wants to be in his gang oh yeeah :lol:

His last top 20 hit was in 1975 so TOTP from '76 on may be Glitter free Although I am sure there will be some Sparks :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    Errrr.... Isn't this what TOTP2 was about? So, what's new?
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • gmb
    gmb Posts: 456
    I will be watching to see if they show a nice bit of Bush.

Maybe Hounds of Love?
    Trying Is The First Step Towards Failure

De Rosa Milanino :-
    http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78 ... -00148.jpg
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Never mind that tat - do a Google on Jo Guest as Debbie Harry.

Needless to say, it's not safe for work, but it does reinforce Miss Guest's position as absolutely lovely scrummy I love her I want to her marry her (even if she is very, very, very dim).
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Sirius631 wrote:
    Errrr.... Isn't this what TOTP2 was about? So, what's new?
    TOTP2 is a highlights package, with funky get-down graphics and Steve Wright doing the VO between bands. This my friend is the dogs mutts, original episodes in full with the original presenters, self-conscious audiences grinning during the links and the occasional glimpse of an EMI2001 camera with BBC Colour written along its flank. Sadly, I know that. :)

This was the era when the directors were quite happy to let cameras & other studio paraphernalia appear in shot. Lovely.
  • mattshrops wrote:
    Been in his gang for years. :oops: I saw him several times at private functions and went to his last show at the Docklands Arena. What ever he may have done, he was always a showman and his performances (on stage) were not to be missed. :(
  • mattshrops
    a frank and heartwarming admission. ah those long gone days of youth and innocence :shock:
  • Aggieboy
    mattshrops wrote:
    a frank and heartwarming admission. ah those long gone days of youth and innocence :shock:

Not the best choice of words under the cicumstances :wink::lol:
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    mattshrops wrote:
    Been in his gang for years. :oops: I saw him several times at private functions and went to his last show at the Docklands Arena. What ever he may have done, he was always a showman and his performances (on stage) were not to be missed. :(

Aye - there's nothing like a child abusing rapist law avoiding paedo show man to get any good party swinging, that's what I say.......
  • jc4lab
    jc4lab Posts: 554
    its shgow highlights from 1964 to 1975 tonight then repeats of 1976 shows in their entirty.every week to be cuffed if viewing aint that great....Picked up a Gary Glitter performances on TOTP greatest hits for 99p on Ebay earlier this year...What a bargain..
    jc
  • mattshrops
    Aggieboy wrote:
    mattshrops wrote:

Not the best choice of words under the cicumstances :wink::lol:

thankyou one does try :wink:
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    totp from 64 to 75 and no slade ? that can't be right

pistols on now though in the next programme
  • Really enjoyed last nights shows, especially this track...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22qBimAgF-s

There defo needs to be more capes and voice boxes in music!

:D
  • mattshrops
    the guy on the bass looks like hes dying inside :lol:
  • Whereas the guy on acoustic guitar can't stop smiling!