London to Brighton Bike Ride 2011

AidenGD
AidenGD Posts: 4
edited April 2011 in Road beginners
I was wondering if anyone has a spare ticket that they would sell as my friends are already booked and i missed the deadline.. I would be delighted if I could get one.

Comments

• explosifpete
    explosifpete Posts: 1,327
    Could you not just ride with your friend and not enter?
  • explosifpete
    Could you not just ride with your friend and not enter?
  • AidenGD
    I'm not sure as I haven't done it before. I don't want to turn up and feel like I've come along for the free ride so to speak, and especially as it's for charity and a very good cause.
  • explosifpete
    ride and then donate some money to charity?
  • I missed the deadline the past 2 years... You can just rock up and go. You just wont get a medal at the end!

Donate some cash, and DONT break down as you wont be rescued unless you have a number on your jersey. (or at least you will get charged a fortune)
    exercise.png
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 1,565
    When I used to ride it, you could turn up early, before the first start, and buy a ticket at the start. They always had enough for a long queue and I never saw anybody turned away. That was a few years ago, but it may not have changed.
  • AidenGD
    Gents, thanks very much for posting me messages on this. I feel a little better now, as I felt real bad letting my friends down and not paying for the ride. I can make a donation to the charity through one of the friends riding and if a ticket is available to buy on the morning as you said then it will be even better.

Thanks again gents....

P.S. I hope one day I will be able to help you out with a question one day....
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    just make sure you leave london early cos it gets awfully busy later on believe me .....
  • he speaketh the truth!

leaving at 6am this year in an effort to avoid the crush at traffic lights though London.... Figure I can easy drop 20-30 mins of my best time if the road is clear from the get go!
    exercise.png