CRC Website compromised?

Gneiss
Gneiss Posts: 14
edited April 2011 in Commuting chat
Just had a call from my bank, someone trying to use my credit card details to purchase a TV or similar. Bank were fairly sure that the breach originated from CRC (I had recently made a purchase over the web)

Banks advice was to phone through any Orders in the near future until a patch had been applied.
Kinesis Crosslight 5T

Trek Fuel Ex08

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Been a couple of posts already on it. May well be the case.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    CRC seems to be getting blamed a lot, of course there may be a compromise there, but I'm sure there are other explanations.

I use paypal anyway as its easier!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,671
    I understood that CRC had tracked down the problem and fixed it. There was another thread about it a few days back 'Chain Reaction Extraction' or something.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • jpm5555
    jpm5555 Posts: 56
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12765336

There was a breach which CRC have admitted to and is now closed. Let them know you were affected and they will give you a 30 gbp voucher by way of compensation....
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Darn, wish I'd paid on CC instead of paypal now!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.