Oh for ***** sake! The dust caps.

Comments

• bentes
    bentes Posts: 286
    I've always heard the white stuff made you high... 8)

Maybe it's white caps!
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Don't have any white ones, I've only got yellow, black, green, red (somewhere) and the colourless ones.

I need to get white ones.
  • bentes
    So the colour codes are as follow:

Red - Makes you ride faster
    Green - Makes you ride cooler
    White - Makes you jump higher
    Pink - Makes you Andy

The other ones I don't know:
    Yellow - ??
    Black - ??
  • angry_bird
    Wait that can't be right, I'm fairly sure white is the heaviest colour so how does it make you jump higher?
  • Angry Bird wrote:
    Wait that can't be right, I'm fairly sure white is the heaviest colour so how does it make you jump higher?

Surely it should be the blacks that make you jump higher, because we all know white people can't jump?
  • bentes
    Nope, pretty sure it's the white stuff that makes you jump higher.
    Here's the evidence:

Img214253316.jpg
  • angry_bird
    Angry Bird wrote:

Surely it should be the blacks that make you jump higher, because we all know white people can't jump?
    :lol:

Can't argue with your logic
  • Angry Bird wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:

Gotta love it huh!

And angry bird-

The white stuff makes you faster and more aggresive rider. Also allows you the peace of mind to punch a chump in the face when they are too slow.

The green caps get you really high, I mean so high your in the sky, flying with the fishes.
  • bentes wrote:
    Nope, pretty sure it's the white stuff that makes you jump higher.
    Here's the evidence:

Img214253316.jpg
    Turn the picture upside down, you'le soon se it's just a woman standing on tiptoes holding a bar with a picture of a crowd of people hung up side down on the wall.
    On another note, what about silver and gold?
    "Youth's a mask, but it don't last
    live it long and live it fast."
    My dustcap topic:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/forum/view ... &highlight
  • angry_bird
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:

Gotta love it huh!

And angry bird-

The white stuff makes you faster and more aggresive rider. Also allows you the peace of mind to punch a chump in the face when they are too slow.

The green caps get you really high, I mean so high your in the sky, flying with the fishes.

Hmmm... interesting, not really into the punching thing unless I'm in an angry mood, and even then I normally just launch myself at the nearest pig/fat person in the hope they'll explode into a big green "5000".

I think I might go for a double green setup. It'll make my riding so much better.
  • I like it when people paint the spokes, that looks cool.
    My dustcap topic:
  • angry_bird
    I like it when people paint the spokes, that looks cool.

No it's gay.
  • Angry Bird wrote:

No it's gay.

i-agree.jpg
  • yellow makes you continental? which may not be such a good thing. i do not want to be riding something which could be considered communist sorry french
  • Angry Bird wrote:

No it's gay.

i-agree.jpg
    How is it gay?
    My dustcap topic:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Angry Bird wrote:
    No it's gay.
    How is it gay?
    Because painting spokes often has sexual intercourse with painting spokes of the same sex.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    edited March 2011
    Can someone please put up a picture of dustcaps used correctly for the OP

Or

used as nipple covers

I would but I haven't a bike or a camera to hand as I'm at work and Shell wouldn't like the second option on their computers :(
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I once saw a fixie with wiggly bars parked outside Tesco, so naturally I decided to vandalise it. But he had fitted locking dustcaps! So I slashed his tyres. Have some of that, beardy.
  • Anonymous
    Richie63 wrote:
    Can someone please put up a picture of dustcaps used correctly for the OP

Or

used as nipple covers

I would but I haven't a bike or a camera to hand as I'm at work and Shell wouldn't like the second option on their computers :(
    I actually would do that, but like I said, I have no dustcaps.
    I'm just reminding people that I HAVE NO dustcaps, since my punishment of greased up fatties hasn't happened yet. And I'm still waiting impatiently. Whilst putting up a tent.
  • supersonic wrote:
    I once saw a fixie with wiggly bars parked outside Tesco, so naturally I decided to vandalise it. But he had fitted locking dustcaps! So I slashed his tyres. Have some of that, beardy.
    In that case then, you're what I would call a F*****G TW@
    :D
    My dustcap topic:
  • Anonymous
    supersonic wrote:
    Good on you. You set an example that everyone should follow.
    Go SONIC! :D
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    And of course I put a ball bearing in his bars.
  • Anonymous
    supersonic wrote:
    ALERT, we've found the person in this picture!

hipster2.jpg
    Now everybody hunt this yawning donkey down and slash his tyres!

HAHA, tha plan worked! :lol:
  • supersonic wrote:
    ALERT, we've found the person in this picture!

hipster2.jpg
    Now everybody hunt this yawning donkey down and slash his tyres!

HAHA, tha plan worked! :lol:
    Stop posting pictures of yourself on forums, you are risking getting your bike crushed by a car.
    My dustcap topic:
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    I have been thinking about the poor unfortunate youth who had to ride those 40+ miles home to make sure he went through his favorite puddle with flat (ish) tyres. I have a solution to his woes.

I think what needs to be made is a super dust cap that can be screwed to the valve as normal but also has a screw attatchment on the spindle in the centre of the wheel, any would be thief would upon trying to unscrew the supercap would find themselves stuck in the removal of the dustcap by the end attatched to the spindle. Hereby thwarting any attempt to let down the tyre.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • angry_bird
    I think we need to address the roots of the problem, the apes that let his tyres down. In the short term we need to prevent them doing this, in the long term we want them to learn that they don't want to do it and shouldn't because it is bad.

I think the best solution here is that the OP takes the wheels off the bike and carries them round with him all day, not letting them out of his sight. This way anyone wanting to let his tyres down can be hit round the head with a wheel or two.

I'd recommend the rear one for this purpose as you might be lucky enough to catch them with the cassette causing them more pain than is necessary and getting your point across to them that they should leave your bike alone and pick on someone else. Ideally someone who is smaller than them and doesn't have the really really useful help of random internet people giving them ideas on how to solve their problem.
  • Angry Bird wrote:
    I think we need to address the roots of the problem, the apes that let his tyres down. In the short term we need to prevent them doing this, in the long term we want them to learn that they don't want to do it and shouldn't because it is bad.

I think the best solution here is that the OP takes the wheels off the bike and carries them round with him all day, not letting them out of his sight. This way anyone wanting to let his tyres down can be hit round the head with a wheel or two.

I'd recommend the rear one for this purpose as you might be lucky enough to catch them with the cassette causing them more pain than is necessary and getting your point across to them that they should leave your bike alone and pick on someone else. Ideally someone who is smaller than them and doesn't have the really really useful help of random internet people giving them ideas on how to solve their problem.
    Brilliant idea! Have to try it tomorrow. And you know what? It was the back one that was let down!
    My dustcap topic:
  • angry_bird
    edited March 2011
    Angry Bird wrote:

Brilliant idea! Have to try it tomorrow. And you know what? It was the back one that was let down!

Alternatively hire a man from G4S to security guard your bike for you while you're at school. In Malawi the G4S men were proper badass, they walked around with big sticks and guns. I think the guns were just for show though, I'm fairly sure a few of them just had toy guns. But still a badass G4S man from Malawi should do the trick.

p.s. make sure you pay him well, otherwise he might be susceptible to bribes
  • Anonymous
    Did these G4S guys ride around on Dirty Hard Ass bikes?
  • angry_bird
    Did these G4S guys ride around on Dirty Hard Ass bikes?

No. They had standards.