Oh for ***** sake! The dust caps.

Comments

• Richie63 wrote:
    I do hope you didn't misunderstand my ramblings earlier I do so get carried away . So I will make this brief. I was refering to the footpump that I have being from Halfords the bike is from somewhere else entirely . Well that's not quite true upon reflection I think that the frame is English ( be Proud stand up for the Queen) and the wheels are from some foreign land so when I said entirely above it wasn't quite right I do say sorry for misleading you this way.

As far as the pump usage I find that a good case of trial and error is usually sufficient to achieve the correct filling and pumping action when using different valve types. There is a FAQ section where it may be possible to find a lengthly discourse by Nicklouse on the use of pumps and valve identification this is to be found in the techy section.

Hope this is some use.
    I see what you mean, however it is hard to tell weather or not you're being sarcastic.
    "Youth's a mask, but it don't last
    live it long and live it fast."
    My dustcap topic:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/forum/view ... &highlight
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Richie63 wrote:
    I do hope you didn't misunderstand my ramblings earlier I do so get carried away . So I will make this brief. I was refering to the footpump that I have being from Halfords the bike is from somewhere else entirely . Well that's not quite true upon reflection I think that the frame is English ( be Proud stand up for the Queen) and the wheels are from some foreign land so when I said entirely above it wasn't quite right I do say sorry for misleading you this way.

As far as the pump usage I find that a good case of trial and error is usually sufficient to achieve the correct filling and pumping action when using different valve types. There is a FAQ section where it may be possible to find a lengthly discourse by Nicklouse on the use of pumps and valve identification this is to be found in the techy section.

Hope this is some use.
    I see what you mean, however it is hard to tell weather or not you're being sarcastic.

Never
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • toby_winkler
    toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
    I once had a bike with dust caps.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Get fancy dust caps and they'll probably puncture your tyres instead. Just carry a pump.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Yes, I parked on a spaniel his name was Bamby, I wrote a poem about him.

Bamby is my friend, I miss him very much,
    Bamby is my friend, of him I like to clutch,
    Bamby is my friend, he smells of open wounds,
    Bamby is my friend, let’s fill him with balloons.

It was cold last night so I melted some cake and rubbed it over end of my feet (Toes).

Please leave me alone now.

Toby_Winkler please delete all my numbers, stop ringing me and post back all my dresses.
  • toby_winkler
    toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
    Toby_Winkler please delete all my numbers, stop ringing me and post back all my dresses.

:?:
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    this-thread-rocks.jpg
  • bentes
    bentes Posts: 286
    Oh come on!
    Dust caps? Really?

Here's a free tip: buy a cheap mini pump, keep it on your backpack with a patch kit.it'll get you going in any emergency. job done.

dust caps.... :roll:
  • LOL @ some of the stories here!
  • mak3m wrote:
    this-thread-rocks.jpg
    Thanks. Appreciated.
    "Youth's a mask, but it don't last
    live it long and live it fast."
    My dustcap topic:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/forum/view ... &highlight
  • Where did you find that picture of me in the checked shirt? I like chcked shirts they make me look like a lumberjack. I also like how the word lumberjack reminds me of the word flapjack, I put squirrel in mine.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Once I decided I needed red dust caps to go with the redness of the bike, so I ordered some KCNC red dust caps. I think I may have gotten them from ebay.

Anyway the postman delivered them, that was lovely of him, normally they don't fucking bother, I mean last time I went to collect anything from that place the stupid fucking bitch there told me that they hardly ever fucking bother to deliver anything even remotely bigger than a normal letter to our uni halls because they're lazy cunts, and the packages or parcels never leave the mail room. They write out the cards in advance but frequently they don't bother leaving them so you have no idea that there's a fucking parcel waitng for you at the fucking delivery place the fucking cunts. Actually once this was good because once my ink cartridges never turned up so amazon sent me some new ones, then when I went to collect a parcel the other week I got the old ones, they'd been waiting there for ages.

I digress, back to the dust caps. So I made the foolish mistake of leaving them on my bed one day, then went to play hockey, then went to the pub and then finally went on to Oxygen bar in Leicester Square.

So we get back at stupid o'clock, quite drunk, forgetting the dust caps are on my bed. Anyway after the nights activities I wake up in the morning and remember, then I think I was just like "Oh bollocks, not going to find them now" so I looked quickly then bought some new ones along with some other goodies. But they never turned up, bet they're stuck in the mail room at the post office but nobody left me a fucking card the fucking cunts.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Right, technique, are you using schrader or presta, because there is a difference. Anyway basically it all involves you filling the innertube with cement at high pressure which negates the need for air in the tyres, and also if someone is caught fiddling with your tube, you can smash them in the face with the wheel

Either that or attatch scalpel blades covered in blood infected with the bad aids onto your valve caps, and then when they try that trick again they will get a dose of the Mark Fowlers. Just remember to wear protective gloves when removing it yourself
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    a mate of mine was fixing a puncture, and holding the dustcap in his mouth...

at some point, someone made a joke, he laughed, then he swallowed the dustcap.

We all laughed a bit more.

True Story.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • ive got yellow dustcaps. they are yummy

i used to have dice dust caps, but they are schrader and now im on presta

clearly the coolest story evaaaaaaaaaa
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    ive got yellow dustcaps. they are yummy

I have yellow ones on the TT bike.

*same colour dustcaps high5*
  • angry_bird
    My dust caps aren't matching colours at the moment, it sickens me.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Wait, dust caps are essential? Crap, I've been riding without them for years, what will happen to me?
  • Wait, dust caps are essential? Crap, I've been riding without them for years, what will happen to me?

im lead to believe that the offence of dustcapless riding results in the death by fatties punishment. basically you are covered in food, and put in a room with fat people, the enevtiable blood bath is deemed as punishment
  • Wait, dust caps are essential? Crap, I've been riding without them for years, what will happen to me?

Short answer:

worms
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Wait, dust caps are essential? Crap, I've been riding without them for years, what will happen to me?

im lead to believe that the offence of dustcapless riding results in the death by fatties punishment. basically you are covered in food, and put in a room with fat people, the enevtiable blood bath is deemed as punishment
    Sounds like fun, actually :D
  • Gazlar

Or as they call it in Rhyl, an orgy
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • angry_bird
    Gazlar wrote:

Did you know sheepsteeth's mum lives there?
  • i did wonder who the woman was who suggested this as a reasonable form of punishment. if it was sheeps mum seems like a pretty good punishment then (good in the sense of fun, rather than effective, cant be causing offence now can we?)
  • Gazlar
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

Really? You'd have thought that he would have mentioned it
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Gazlar wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

Really? You'd have thought that he would have mentioned it

She started the blood orgy for fat people didn't she?
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    I have one red dustcap and one yellow dustcap. The red one goes at the front, and the yellow at the back, so they look like real life flames when I ride really fast off kerbs, becuase I do street riding, cos it's cooler.

On another note, I think the world be a better place if boobie milk contained chocolate.
  • angry_bird
    Stav wrote:
    I have one red dustcap and one yellow dustcap. The red one goes at the front, and the yellow at the back, so they look like real life flames when I ride really fast off kerbs, becuase I do street riding, cos it's cooler.

On another note, I think the world be a better place if boobie milk contained chocolate.

Want to trade a red for a green, I hear green ones make you jump higher.
  • bentes
    bentes Posts: 286
    no. green ones make you ride cooler.
  • angry_bird
    So which ones make you jump higher :?

I know red ones make you faster 8)