Petrol price slash......make the joke on them!!!!!!

bails87
bails87 Posts: 12,998
edited March 2011 in The Crudcatcher
:roll:
Any else been invited to this Facebook group/event? Or is it just me who's got stupid friends?
Bellend wrote:
Lets force the government to lower the taxation on fuel at fill up stations. in theory to lower their prices, please just make sure you don't visit a fuel station on April the 1st, just simply ensure that you have fuel in your car that day so you do not have to fill/top up. This will create a massive back log and loss of profit for just one day and will make them think that if we threaten to do this often we can make a difference PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND MAKE THE JOKE (APRIL 1ST) ON THEM!

Is it just me who thinks this is a ridiculously misguided, futile attempt to change things?

For one thing, it sounds like they don't know if they're talking about lowering tax or lowering prices. "Lower taxation" turns into "loss of profit".

But the main problem is that it won't actually do anything, if anyone takes notice of it, then the petrol station will be a bit quieter on the 1st, but a bit busier today and on the 2nd as people make up for not filling up for one day. Probably no different to a bank holiday.

One of the comments on the group is
I'm in court tomorrow....so I can't make it sorry
:?
He's in court, so he can't not go to a petrol station? Christ, it's just like MENSA!! :lol:

I don't actually mind too much about petrol/diesel being expensive anyway :twisted:
MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Its crap, it didn't work before and it won't work this time.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401

This.

And anyway, my current fuel of choice is bacons or pies. I don't tend to ride well on petrol or diesel...
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346

+ gallon of diesel..

They should blockade the depots again, that seemed to work in 2001. These Facebook and email based campaigns are a sheer waste of time and effort.
    If the French were subject to such criminality in respect to fuel tax and oil companys' profits, their truckers would blockade first and talk later.
  • Almost nothing that gets sent out on facebook as these "let's do a good thing" campaigns actually works.

Stop driving altogether and lower the long term need for petroleum, then the price will drop! 1 day makes no difference.

I actually know people do things like this religiously, one person even went so far as to stand at a petrol station telling people not to buy fuel because it will lower prices if they do this 1 day.

Funny.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Almost nothing that gets sent out on facebook as these "let's do a good thing" campaigns actually works.

Stop driving altogether and lower the long term need for petroleum, then the price will drop! 1 day makes no difference.

I actually know people do things like this religiously, one person even went so far as to stand at a petrol station telling people not to buy fuel because it will lower prices if they do this 1 day.

Funny.

Fucktard.

Went to fill up earlier, 1.35 at that new shell petrol station on the A38, waited until I got into town and it was 1.29 at the shell place opposite tesco where it was 1.31.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Fuel seems to have gone UP instead of down 1p here. But then again it's pretty backwards this way I suppose.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    I've seen it, a lot people on my facebook are attending.

So let me get this straight, they refuse to buy petrol on the 1st of April, but then they have to buy more on the 2nd? Yeah good plan :lol:
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • mudsucker
    mudsucker Posts: 730
    Yeah i got invited to it on facebook too, just ignored it. What a load of rubbish! Hugely floored idea :(
    Bikes are OK, I guess... :-)

2008 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp.
    2013 Trek 1.2
    1982 Holdsworth Elan.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I saw a report on Midlands Today about a girl who campaigned to get an Ice rink in Malvern because there was nothing to do. Firstly, you have fantastic hills all around and the countryside.

But secondly if you are going to campaign to get something, don't pick an activity that is cr@p!!
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • angry_bird
    Gazlar wrote:
    I saw a report on Midlands Today about a girl who campaigned to get an Ice rink in Malvern because there was nothing to do. Firstly, you have fantastic hills all around and the countryside.

But secondly if you are going to campaign to get something, don't pick an activity that is cr@p!!

But there is an ice rink in Malvern isn't there?
  • Gazlar
    There is now, apparently its all down to her
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • freeagent
    freeagent Posts: 98
    Almost nothing that gets sent out on facebook as these "let's do a good thing" campaigns actually works.

Funny.

except the recent revolution in Egypt... :roll:
  • angry_bird
    Gazlar wrote:

People actually listened to her and they built an ice rink :shock:

I'm going to campaign for a mountain range just down the road from to my house. Be better than that stupid housing estate.
  • bails87

+ gallon of diesel..

They should blockade the depots again, that seemed to work in 2001. These Facebook and email based campaigns are a sheer waste of time and effort.
    No, they should stop whingeing
    If the French were subject to such criminality in respect to fuel tax and oil companys' profits, their truckers would blockade first and talk later.

Would this be the France where petrol is 137p per litre as opposed to our obviously oppressive average of 133p per litre?:lol:

http://www.theaa.com/onlinenews/allabou ... ch2011.pdf
    Gazlar wrote:

Eh?
    1. Who does she expect to build the ice rink for her?
    2. Agreed, she lives in the Malverns! Perhaps we can swap, she can live here near the crappy, chav magnet of an ice rink, and I'll become a mountain man!
    bama_mountain_man.jpg
    MTB/CX

• bails87
    freeagent wrote:

Funny.

MTB/CX

• Gazlar
    bails87 wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

Eh?
    1. Who does she expect to build the ice rink for her?
    2. Agreed, she lives in the Malverns! Perhaps we can swap, she can live here near the crappy, chav magnet of an ice rink, and I'll become a mountain man!
    bama_mountain_man.jpg
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

I'm going to campaign for a mountain range just down the road from to my house. Be better than that stupid housing estate.

Yes they built it, but on closer inspection, they closed down the bowling alley to make it, lets get a facebook campaign going to turn the icerink into a bowling alley, or at worst compromise and have a curling rink

http://www.malverngazette.co.uk/news/lo ... come_true/
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Gazlar
    and heres a vid which gives you an idea of just how sh1t it is
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWLmnsC3oLQ
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Anonymous
    freeagent wrote:

Funny.

I read the other day that almost nobody understands the word "almost"
  • angry_bird
    Gazlar wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

Yes they built it, but on closer inspection, they closed down the bowling alley to make it, lets get a facebook campaign going to turn the icerink into a bowling alley, or at worst compromise and have a curling rink

http://www.malverngazette.co.uk/news/lo ... come_true/

:lol: I'd rather have the bowling alley if I'm honest. That ice rink looks shit.
  • Anonymous
    What about a smashed ice track? that would be cool.
    Or a bobsleigh track. Then we could revie the Crudcatcher Boblseigh team.
  • bails87
    edited March 2011
    coolrunnings.jpg
    ?
    MTB/CX

• Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Ice rinks rock, you can have a family day out at the rink, get the kids signed up to play ice hockey and have the pleasure of checking Andy into the boards..
  • angry_bird

Shotgun brakeman, then I can be just like Sanka.

sanka1.jpg

Well almost...
  • bails87
    Angry Bird wrote:

Well almost...

Are your dreadlocks longer? Is that the difference?
    MTB/CX

360 Posts: 5,940

I like the fact the only reason you think it wont work is because it didn't work last time.
  • bails87
    360 wrote:

I like the fact the only reason you think it wont work is because it didn't work last time.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

There's also the reason that it's a stupid idea that will never, ever work. That and the fact it didn't work last time are enough for me.
    MTB/CX

• angry_bird
    bails87 wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:

Well almost...

Are your dreadlocks longer? Is that the difference?

Yes, and mine are natural, his are salon...

Also my vest is green, not red.
  • bails87
    Raymondavalon
    bails87 wrote:

Would this be the France where petrol is 137p per litre as opposed to our obviously oppressive average of 133p per litre?:lol:

http://www.theaa.com/onlinenews/allabou ... ch2011.pdf

Well....
    MTB/CX

• Gazlar
    bails87 wrote:
    360 wrote:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

There's also the reason that it's a stupid idea that will never, ever work. That and the fact it didn't work last time are enough for me.

It might work if you kiss my lucky egg!!
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • bails87
    Gazlar wrote:
    bails87 wrote:
    360 wrote:

It might work if you kiss my lucky egg!!

Maybe....can I at least do it with my eyes open this time? And give it a wash, last time you made me kiss it it smelt like a sweaty donkey. And shame.
    MTB/CX