edited April 2011 in MTB buying advice
What do you suggest?
Bike - Scott Aspect 45
Roadie - Trek 1.5 2013

Comments

• thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    http://www.lifecyclesfilm.com/

No competition. Get the Blu-ray if you can.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    I'd not agree, whilst lifecycles is very clever and on a large HD telly is amazing to watch, I think that 'Follow me' is a far better DVD in terms of riding....
  • Roam, Seasons and Lifecycles.

All you need.
  • thel33ter
    *AJ* wrote:
    I'd not agree, whilst lifecycles is very clever and on a large HD telly is amazing to watch, I think that 'Follow me' is a far better DVD in terms of riding....

Yea, I completely agree, but that's what makes Lifecycles so special. I like its artyness.

Also, check this out, it's made by some polish guy, and doesn't have particularly amazing anything, but is one of my fave videos none the less (30 mins long in HD) - http://vimeo.com/19083957
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • hallz
    hallz Posts: 12
    Life Cycles is technically brilliant especially in a large HD TV but i think Seasons is my personal favourite.

Life Cycles is also the only one that i have had to shell out for which was a bit of an eye opener / jaw dropper!!!
  • thel33ter
    Hmm, Seasons, don't think I've seen that. Roam's also a great one.
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Seasons is Great, Roam is still my personal favourite though.

Thought follow-me was a bit meh.

Life cycles as previously stated, is stunning if you're watching it on a nice big HD telly.
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    Roam, Seasons and Lifecycles.

All you need.

massive sack of PO-TA-TO'S
    I like bikes and stuff
  • thel33ter wrote:
    *AJ* wrote:

Yea, I completely agree, but that's what makes Lifecycles so special. I like its artyness.

Also, check this out, it's made by some polish guy, and doesn't have particularly amazing anything, but is one of my fave videos none the less (30 mins long in HD) - http://vimeo.com/19083957

Just watched that film its awesome! got my mountain bike fix for the night. Many thanks!
    Bike - Scott Aspect 45
    Roadie - Trek 1.5 2013
  • phz
    phz Posts: 478
    For eye candy and jaw drops it has to be Seasons / Follow Me / Life Cycles (and 3 Second Gaps looks to be in a similar vein?).

For a more life-affirming 'this is why I love riding' fix then I still like Home and Find.

slainte 8) rob
  • phz
    phz Posts: 478
    thel33ter wrote:
    That's real nice for an 'amateur' production. thanks for the link.

slainte 8) rob
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    VAST... on iTunes for less than £2

Roam and Seasons... loved both of these. Follow Me had some good segments but ended abruptly. Lifecycles is beautiful, but the narration was godawful, and that spoiled it for me.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • nwmlarge
    nwmlarge Posts: 778
    love Roam and seasons.
    Follow me was good but over very quickly, seems to be building then stops but on a second watch is very good.

Life cycles is epic but ultimately a filmography tour de force.

My favourite for footage, diversity and sound track is New World Disorder 10 dust to bones.

Seasons is my overall favourite as it has a nice story line.
  • Chalky76
    Chalky76 Posts: 260
    Seasons all the way
    ride your bike like a kid whilst you still can

Transition Blindside = http://www.flickr.com/photos/traceychalk/5335403095/
  • ro63rt
    ro63rt Posts: 59
    Find by Reset Films!! Just new out, proper purists MTB film, watch a trailer on the reset website. It's got a bit of Lake District riding in it which is close to my heart as some of it is my local stomping ground & watching the speed that they travel over ground I regularly ride is great! Plus they ride with Bikevillage in the alps. Awesome!!!
  • lochussie
    lochussie Posts: 276
    Seasons is brilliant, esp the Hunter, Shandro and final bits. Follow me is great but too short. Lifecycles is pretty crap I think, and I saw it at the cinema. There's some good riding and obviously some good camera/production but I found most of it dull and pretentious.

Although Home doesn't have much amazing riding, it's great as you can relate to the people, riding and trails. Disappointed by Find as it combines mediocre riding with mediocre foreign trails, as far as I can remember.
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    Bartimaeus wrote:
    VAST... on iTunes for less than £2

Vast was kind of shoot. Pretty much all the best bits are in the trailer.
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    Seasons is a must watch for brilliant filming and amazing riding; infact anything by "the collective" is a safe bet. If you enjoy arty films then life-cycles is very nice.
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    nwmlarge wrote:
    love Roam and seasons.
    Follow me was good but over very quickly, seems to be building then stops but on a second watch is very good.

Life cycles is epic but ultimately a filmography tour de force.

My favourite for footage, diversity and sound track is New World Disorder 10 dust to bones.

Seasons is my overall favourite as it has a nice story line.

I've got the first 7 New World Disorder and really could do with investing in the rest at somepoint if only they were a little easier on the old wallet.

Finally got around to watching Earthed 3 tonight and it's not the worst DVD i've seen

Got our IT bloke at work burning Mud Cows to dvd for me after i dug it out of the attic :D
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    Mud cows! Now theres a blast from the past!
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    *AJ* wrote:
    Mud cows! Now theres a blast from the past!

Aye a blast from the past but watched it at my mates (he has a video player still) and it was imo so far ahead of it's time it has to go down as a classic
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?