Ragley / OnOne / Evil Bikes etc

beardwithabike
beardwithabike Posts: 195
edited March 2011 in MTB buying advice
Ragley - 2010 is out of stock in the 20" everywhere.
OnOne - look a bit old school for my liking. Heard mixed reviews of how they ride
Evil Bikes - Too expensive

What other options are there for 140mm forks? Im at a lose end and want to build up a hardtail asap!!

Comments

• Ragley Blue Pig*
    OnOne 456**
  • tugger
    tugger Posts: 122
    what he said, there was also a cool new ragley one, is it a 288 or something, looked downhill hardtail brilliance and got a good review in "dirt"
    All about the aggregation of marginal gains (or marginal losses, depending on who you are!!)
  • CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    NS Surge
    Dialled Alpine
    Transition Trans AM

Evil is pure quality and worth every penny
  • I really like the look of the NS Surge but being 6 ft 3 and wanting to still be able to ride up hills this wont be big enough will it? Even the Large? Or am i missing a trick....
  • CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    These frames tend to appear small but when you match them up with a long forkit raises the front end and with long seatpost along with the laidback angle creates a longer reach. They still have you pitched quite forward over the front end of the bike but little movement the weight can be over the back. If you look at my link to the Sovereign you can see all this.
  • True, but i dont want to feel like i am going to be compromising. The Evil looks a lot bigger than the NS Bikes Surge. I dont fancy spending £300 and finding out i cant get the legs straight climbing up a trail.
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    Surge is a heavy beast, I'd get a 456 or a 456 summer season... but then I am biased...

:wink:

Cotic bFe is a really good frame, all the ragely's are good... a blue pig would be perfect. or maybe a second hand evil? Transition trans am is nice too
    I like bikes and stuff
  • I built a ragley mmmbop up over Christmas hols, 18" frame, RS Pike forks. Great fun!
    Oh, and I'm 6'5"!
    Climbs brilliantly but the back end is sketchy on the fast rocky downhills of the peaks- although I'm thinking of changing the tyres to see if they make a difference.

Sometimes I wish I'd got a 20" but I hesitated back in the summer when they were on sale. It's great to just chuck around for an hour or two of trail-blasting!