Scarponi on Contador

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited April 2011 in Pro race
"Contador is the strongest of all and this is beyond dispute,” Scarponi told la Gazzetta dello Sport. “But I’m not going just to be there, I always race to win.

“I do not think about the CAS,” he said. “I do not care. If Alberto attacks, I’ll follow him. I would like to beat him on the road. For me the only result that counts is the one on the line.

Contador and Scarponi do have some history; with both riders being members of the Liberty Seguros team six years ago. While the Italian is the elder of the two, they were both considered to be up-and-coming talents at the time.

“We were both very young,” said Scarponi. “It was 2005 and Alberto had not yet exploded, but everyone considered him a phenomenon, as someone who was always quiet and nice.

“We lost touch a bit,” he added, “but our relationship has always been good.”
Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/7944/ ... z1I5pgsUsC

Shame you guys can't get behind this Champion and one from an early age at that.
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    “We were both very young,” said Scarponi. “It was 2005 and Alberto had not yet exploded, but everyone considered him a phenomenon, as someone who was always quiet and nice.

"I remember once Fuentes stand he hung the blood bag on broke, and Alberto held the bag for me while I got my top up. That's him through and through, completely selfless"

Scarponi also admitted he sometimes feels a little bit uncomfortable at the sight of Contadors shorts on the podium. "I wish he's put some tracksuit bottoms on, but he says his fans like it"
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    ^^^
    Naughty naughty, but most excellent
  • andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    Scarponi: Alberto told me that if I become too much of a challenge, then his 'pistolero' will be for real. I believe him too, anyone who will eat tainted meat to win a tour is a badass I don't want to cross.
    interviewer: Michail, the tape is still running!
    Scarponi: Oh sh....! click!
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    iainf72 wrote:

"I remember once Fuentes stand he hung the blood bag on broke, and Alberto held the bag for me while I got my top up. That's him through and through, completely selfless"

Scarponi also admitted he sometimes feels a little bit uncomfortable at the sight of Contadors shorts on the podium. "I wish he's put some tracksuit bottoms on, but he says his fans like it"

Sounds like the start of some bizarre doper slashfic :shock:
    It was another day at the Liberty Seguros training camp and Alberto had invited me round to his hotel room. "It's OK, Zapatero," he said, "I just want to give you a taste of my special meat..."
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Shame you guys can't get behind this Champion and one from an early age at that.

Are you deliberately trying to provoke a response?

He's a cheat. Why would anyone 'get behind him' except to push him off an Alp?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Scarponi also confirmed the worst kept secret in cycling was true. "Yes, it's true, Alberto does smell of vanilla, which is unusual for a Spaniard"

"Alberto has a fantastic collection of photographs of himself from magazines around the world. His most loyal fans carefully cut them out of magazines and post them to Contador. He always know when a new batch have arrived as they are addressed to Gran Campeón rather than his real name"

Will Bert be the 2nd cyclist to face a doping ban who has a sibling called Fran?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • frenchfighter
    Still smiling, they cannot pull down El Pistelero with their silly comments. Results speak for themselves. Attacking attitude speaks for itself.

x610-9-1.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,226
    FF, you must be LOOVING Cancellera after his phenomenal ride in E3.

That's easily the most dominant ride anyone has ever done in the past 10 years.

Sh1ts on anything Contador has done in the past couple years.
  • frenchfighter
    You bet that was a performance to savour. In its bracket it is hardcore. Remember when the road is predominantly flat then there is less involved, it can get to the point of being a TT. I mean Tony Montana can pull the whole team round on a TTT. Having a few spent guys rotating isn't going to cut it to catch Goliath.

Fabu always impressed me and in his genre he holds Champion status. Remember he was on my sig. His attitude stinks sometimes though, especially last year. After Contador I hold more photos of Cancellara than any other rider.

I have photos of Berna's Locomotive that would blow your black socks off.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    You bet that was a performance to savour. In its bracket it is hardcore. Remember when the road is predominantly flat then there is less involved, it can get to the point of being a TT. I mean Tony Montana can pull the whole team round on a TTT. Having a few spent guys rotating isn't going to cut it to catch Goliath.

Fabu always impressed me and in his genre he holds Champion status. Remember he was on my sig. His attitude stinks sometimes though, especially last year. After Contador I hold more photos of Cancellara than any other rider.

Has someone with a sense of humour stolen your login details?!
  • rick_chasey

Tony Montanna?
    tony-montana.jpg
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    I'm sure Scarponi's testimony could come in handy at Derto's CAS hearing.
    He would make a very credible witness..........
    ...........just not sure for which side.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    FF when it comes to Bertie you remind of the Iraqi Minister for Information.

political-pictures-mohammed-saeed-al-sahaf.jpg

He could be covered in dog sh1t and you'd be able to put a positive spin on it.
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878

Are you deliberately trying to provoke a response?

He's a cheat. Why would anyone 'get behind him' except to push him off an Alp?

Everyone cheats in some way or another. Get over it.
  • P_Tucker

I like Contador. His winning salute is abysmal, but he races like a MAN. The fact that everyone else hates him makes me like him even more.
  • TMR
    P_Tucker wrote:
    I like Contador. His winning salute is abysmal, but he races like a MAN. The fact that everyone else hates him makes me like him even more.

I hate Contador. He's a drug addled @rse. If you admire him then you're an @rse as well.
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker wrote:

I hate Contador. He's a drug addled @rse. If you admire him then you're an @rse as well.

:lol:

Everything is easy in black and white land, isn't it? Anyway, please be quiet, adults are talking.
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    P_Tucker wrote:
    P_Tucker wrote:

:lol:

Everything is easy in black and white land, isn't it? Anyway, please be quiet, adults are talking.

:D I'm guessing you're aged 15 or less!
  • P_Tucker
    He started it, he called me a @rse for expressing an opinion. I'm going to get my dad to beat up his dad.
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    P_Tucker wrote:

The Mad Rapper, ambassador to the United Nations, today condemned all Third World Nations. Mr. Rapper was quoted as saying they're all "drug addled @rses."

Lighten up Francis.
  • vision267
    vision267 Posts: 149
    P_Tucker wrote:

+1 everyone I know who follows cycling hates Contador,they all like the Schlecks especially Andy.The more they hate Contador the more I like him,I have always liked him.

I think he is a natural,very fluid pedaling style reminds me of Stephen Roche in that reguard.He is also a very clever rider,and he has a bit of a temper as well I really like that.He seems to be a nice guy,and not a ass like you know who.

I hope he is not banned because this year especially under Riise we will see total domination in the grand tours.Contador being Contador will attack much more this year than last year.I don't think Andy Schleck has any chance against this year,and Basso will beat Andy to second place.
  • P_Tucker
    Ah yes, Andy Schleck, the same guy who rode straight past renowned chipper Philippe Gilbert in Liege a few years back. Of course, as he hasn't tested positive he's as clean as a vicar's sermon.
  • Tom BB
    Are all of these recent posts FF using different logins? :D
  • TMR
    I have just finished reading 'A Rough Ride' by Paul Kimmage. It's changed my perception of the Pro Peleton significantly. I naively thought that drugs was an issue restricted to one or two bad apples, now I don't know what to think.
  • P_Tucker
    I have just finished reading 'A Rough Ride' by Paul Kimmage. It's changed my perception of the Pro peloton significantly. I naively thought that drugs was an issue restricted to one or two bad apples, now I don't know what to think.

GREY! BEAUTIFUL, MURKY GREY!
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Hey chaps, forget about rumours facts and drugs... here's a picture of Contador (MPBUH) in some swimming trunks! OMG!

psherwen-contador.jpg

Woweee-kazoweeeeeee he's so, like, cooooool! (Not as cool as Canccy-poos in his leather speedos... Mmmmmmm.)

Why can't you guys get behind him?

I have plenty more pictures of Contador (MPBUH) on my hard drive. And when I say pictures, I do, of course mean, tattoo's... and when I say 'hard drive', I do of course mean 'winky'.

Ciao babies! Mwah!

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Tom BB
    :D

Although you really do lack the credibility to post on a Contador thread Ratsbeyfus!
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    vision267 wrote:

+1 everyone I know who follows cycling hates Contador,they all like the Schlecks especially Andy.The more they hate Contador the more I like him,I have always liked him.

There are people that like Andy Schleck, really? I mean honestly?
    True, he did magnificently to recover from the operacion (charisma bypass) :wink:
  • rick_chasey
    I tend to find it harder to like climbers, but I certainly do like Schleck. Not as much as say, Canc, or Gilbert, or Boogerd in his day, but still.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    You weren't a Boogerd fan were you, Rick?

I'm disappointed in you.