A bit of a quandry.

Aggieboy
Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket
More to do with the 'nads' actually I guess...

OK, as some will know or others don't, I've got a fairly large holiday coming up in a few weeks, no drama there, it's going to take some time off work and lot's of money but I'm quietly confident. I'm taking things one step at a time and trying to eliminate potential issues on the horizon as and when I can.

Currently I need to focus on my nads, as the increase in required waveage is going to hurt regardless because it's a lot of sitting day after day to get the waves in the distance before I complete the holiday, this is to be honest the one area I am worried things can go pear shaped fast and without me being able to do much about it.

I've haven't lost any weight since I started surfing and it's now without doubt starting to show and is being reflected in the fit of some shorts, especially the nad area. This is good news though, well sort of, it's great for my self confidence and all that but it means I need to start replacing my shorts instead of investing in a surf board upgrade again for a while.

So, I've been upping my waves and going through the board shorts I have to see which ones are comfortable beyond my usual 5 hourwave ride zone and as expected the cheap Chinese fake board shorts are launched out the back of the pack and are no good, they've earned their place in my affection for allowing me to get to where I am surfing and are still going strong but they are not comfortable for long waves or prolonged hours on the board. Credit where it is due, they have done a serious amount of waves and lasted but the end is nigh as I push beyond the wave size they are capable of.

The shocker was the Team O'Neill shorts which I used to find so comfortable are now also out the back with the Chinese shorts as the nad area is too thick for longer rides, it just wont sit right and I can't get comfortable with it and if I go down on the nose it's seriously unpleasant, so they are a non starter.

I did the 125 waverer last week wearing the Quicksilver kit (Genuine) and the nad area was pretty good, not 100% comfort but not killing me either, it's probably the firmest my nads have been and they seem to be of a uniform thickness. It is however from a fairly old set of shorts, the 2005 surf season so I'm wondering if they'll have change my nads and if the new ones are better or worse?

Lastly the regular Billabong board shorts, these are so so up to 75 waves, rode in them yesterday to see how they did and not as comfortable as the Quicksilver but more comfortable than the Team O'Neill , odd but there you go.

Based on what I have, have surfed in and felt like I'm guessing a firmer nad works better for me, and as I am having to replace my board short fleet (TM) anyway I am going to go about it this time properly and get quantity of post over quality. Last year I needed it the other way around as the smaller waves often required more but long rides were not such an issue.

So, as I'm sure you have worked out by now I am after your views on large nads or shorts makes that would be suited too riding longer larger waves back to back in and lots of them through summer and will not only last but also be comfortable from century one to the last of the year.

I am prepared to spend a decent amount but don't get silly and think this post is too long or think that involves the heady insane heights of hundreds of pounds for one pair, there is a budget restraint but I'd rather start the process of homework now while I am putting cash aside ready for when I can make a more informed decision.

Thanks in advance.
"There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    you need to increase your fleet of clingfilm shorts......then everyone can see your nuts. I than you.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Sorry Aggie, what did you want to know? CBA to read that.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Aggieboy
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD

Does someone charge women to read by the line around here due to cut backs or something? Or are long questions to help get the correct answer something you are struggling with?

wnt me 2 txt it instd so u cn gt it fstr?

Or is this down to sexual gratification, the longer the 'post' the more time it takes you to bend over and waste everyones time with your reply that is witty and funny version of premature orgasm but with screaming?
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Bless, my own little fanboy.

3/5 for effort, 0/5 on artistic impression, bonus point for bringing up Surfing.

*pats you on the head*

Here, you can haz cookie...
    BostonCookiesLg.jpg
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    Aggieboy wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD

Does someone charge women to read by the line around here due to cut backs or something? Or are long questions to help get the correct answer something you are struggling with?

wnt me 2 txt it instd so u cn gt it fstr?

Or is this down to sexual gratification, the longer the 'post' the more time it takes you to bend over and waste everyones time with your reply that is witty and funny version of premature orgasm but with screaming?

I fell asleep reading it :shock:

One make ASSOS ....sorted :D
  • Aggieboy
    Bless, my own little fanboy.

3/5 for effort, 0/5 on artistic impression, bonus point for bringing up Surfing.

*pats you on the head*

BostonCookiesLg.jpg

You know, I really thought you'd take the opportunity to post something funny or witty in reply with that sense of humour you neither "lost, misplaced nor struggled to locate" But no, all you've done is reinforced the fact that you've still got a (chocolate) chip on your shoulder because I took the p*ss out of your loooong post. :cry:
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Bless, my own little fanboy.

*pats you on the head*

BostonCookiesLg.jpg

You know, I really thought you'd take the opportunity to post something funny or witty in reply with that sense of humour you neither "lost, misplaced nor struggled to locate" But no, all you've done is reinforced the fact that you've still got a (chocolate) chip on your shoulder because I took the p*ss out of your loooong post. :cry:
    Diesel Dog, can I have some of your popcorn ?
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • DIESELDOG
    @MattC59, yeah sure, here you go, salty variety alright? :wink:

Love n hugs

DD

• Aggieboy
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD

:lol:

Shouldn't you be out scouring Leicestershire for stolen property?
  • MattC59
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD
    That'll do nicely :D
  • Aggieboy
    MattC59 wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD

MattC59 - you seem to be on here rather a lot. Not getting so much jiggy-jiggy now she's got a ring on her finger? :lol:
  • MattC59
    Aggieboy wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD

MattC59 - you seem to be on here rather a lot. Not getting so much jiggy-jiggy now she's got a ring on her finger? :lol:
    Used up the next six months quota on honeymoon !
    (Go on, who's going to say that 1 isn't much of a quota :D )
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Aggieboy wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD

She won't let him out on his bike anymore, that's why he is here so often. :twisted:
  • DIESELDOG
    Aggieboy wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD

:lol:

Shouldn't you be out scouring Leicestershire for stolen property?

You expect me to go over the border?

nah,

love n hugs

DD

• MattC59
    Aggieboy wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD

She won't let him out on his bike anymore, that's why he is here so often. :twisted:
    I suspect that's on it's way, she's got her eye on a new kitchen !! I wonder if I can skim some off the kitchen fund for a new bike ? :twisted:
  • Bless, my own little fanboy.

*pats you on the head*

BostonCookiesLg.jpg
    Oh dear...
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • What with all these bibs and quandaries threads, I'm sure that ''a beating of an equerry'' could be a more fun thread...

istockphoto_9520359-hit-me-with-your-horse-whip.jpg