Heavy tired legs whilst riding?.

kayo74
kayo74 Posts: 299
edited March 2011 in Road beginners
Hi All

Could anyone give me some advice on tired legs.
I am riding approx 40 miles on a cycle day out but my legs seem to give up and go heavy and tired but i am not physically tired just the legs seem a problem is it my food or fluid intake that could be the issue?.

Thanks Jay.

Comments

• Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    Are you grinding the gears (slow revolutions)?
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    How much are you eating/drinking? How often do you ride? How long have you been riding?
  • rogerthecat
    rogerthecat Posts: 669
    Stay on your inner ring and spin more, also look at your diet, try compression tights (skins or 2XU, make sure you rest at least twice a week, last thing consider stretching more.
  • pip306
    pip306 Posts: 48
    mine felt like that then i was told to go on inner ring and spin more no issues now and put my seat up a bit hich also helps float more.
  • pip306
    pip306 Posts: 48
    mine felt like that then i was told to go on inner ring and spin more no issues now and put my seat up a bit higher also helps float more.
  • I have a similar problem on longer rides of + 60 miles on my road bike (no probs off roading) and been told a few times that I am mashing too high a gear. Ive tried spinning more on the 20 mile daily commute this week in a much lower gear and it feels a bit weird but Im gonna keep it up to see if there is a marked difference so pip306 just out interest how long did it it for for legs to "right" themselves or to feel any notable difference?
  • kayo74
    Stay on your inner ring and spin more, also look at your diet, try compression tights (skins or 2XU, make sure you rest at least twice a week, last thing consider stretching more.
    Thanks for that i tend to just stay on the outer ring but i will give it a go using the inner ring and doing more stretching cheers for the advice.
  • kayo74
    Thanks for the advice I will stay more on the inner ring and give that a go, I tend to stay alot in the outer ring which could be the problem. Thanks again.