bacon filled morning

projectsome
projectsome Posts: 4,478
edited March 2011 in The Crudcatcher
way too early but was hungry in my sleep :lol: burger with bacon and cheese.

as for the rest of the day, just work, then home and may watch a film or two
FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!

Comments

• No sleep here due to huge amounts of panic and stress over the state of my personal life, degree and finances (all of which are pretty screwed atm).

Today therefore promises to be long, stressful, generally negative and meh filled.

Also does anyone on here have experience delivering scientific papers at conference or similar? Looks like I may be going to Seattle in the Autumn to deliver one and its really freaked me out so looking for hints, tips and general advice.
  • Morning all!

Just woke up about an hour and a half ago, have since brought the mrs to work, and came home and cooked up a few pairs of Bratwurstel with Semmels. Lovely bit of food they are, and make a great breakfast!

Off to ride with the father in law fairly soon, then after that not sure. Probably go back to sleep as I am dead tired already from yesterdays ride!
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Morning goons.

This talk of bacon, may I please, very politely, make a slight request, nay, a suggestion, a hint,,,

To SHUT THE FECK UP.

It's making me hungry, I have no bacon, and with yesterdays calorie count standing at 1 bag or Flame Grilled McCoys it ain't good.

And I can't get bacon either so today looks like being filled with more MEH than you can shake a stick at.

Love n baconless hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    morning all

just got in under an hour ago off night shift, off to bed now.

possibly bacon when i get up, then i may even go for a ride 8)
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • DIESELDOG
    andy46 wrote:
    morning all

just got in under an hour ago off night shift, off to bed now.

possibly bacon when i get up, then i may even go for a ride 8)

Git.

DD

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    morning chaps, having the week from hell at work, no fun at all to be had today, managed to get out for a ride last night and burn those legs up.
    Still no bacon for me, porridge and protein shakes :roll: weight is coming off but its now slowing down, but so are the hunger pains 8)
    today will be mainly struggling to stay awake and swearing at numptys.

Did i mention that i finished 2nd in my race series warm up events? Its probably nothing to you seasoned riders but it was a big deal to me, now i just need to carry the form on to the main series and compete at the front of the field for a change?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • DIESELDOG
    ^^^^^ Congratulations keep it up.

Nice to see someone else with no bacon as well.

Love n hugs

DD

• VWsurfbum
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    ^^^^^ Congratulations keep it up.

Nice to see someone else with no bacon as well.

Love n hugs

DD
    cheers, this bacon thing will be rectified at the weekend as the kids and i will be doing breakfast in bed for mummy, it will consist of meat, meat and a hash brown or two.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Good morning.

I've got 12 rashers of bacon that need eating, I'll get to work on that in a moment.

Today the weather is poo, my time will be spent playing Crysis 2, doing some uni work, visiting the grandmother and possibly also doing some sort of bike related activity.

Later
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Morning

Another day, another meat free breakfast :( That will be changed at the w.end - but that seems a long way off.

Haven't done enough studying or excercise this week, so feel thick in more than one way!

Well done vwsurfbum
  • ctrlaltdel
    ctrlaltdel Posts: 114
    I'd be interested to know what you thought of Crysis 2 Angry Bird; I don't know much about the single player campaign, but I worked on the multiplayer levels last year 8)

On the bacon front... I might just need to dash over the road to the corner shop to get some. Mmmmm crispy bacon, brown sauce and thick white bread :twisted:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    corner shop bacon isn't going to upset me, whereas bacon from a decent butchers............
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    ctrlaltdel wrote:
    I'd be interested to know what you thought of Crysis 2 Angry Bird; I don't know much about the single player campaign, but I worked on the multiplayer levels last year 8)

So far only really played the single player as it's just so much fun, played one game on the multiplayer last night.

Initial impressions were that the map was bloody awful :lol: actually it was good really, just seemed a bit dark for my liking, even so first match and I nailed a 17 kill 4 death which I was pretty pleased with, especially with all those invisible people shooting you :evil: I'll play a few more later and let you know what I think after I've given it a proper go.
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Morning!

No bacon for me this morning, I have a morning full of meetings, and then have a half day to get some of my sold goodies posted to their new owners. So, probably a bacon filled afternoon instead, as the shopping arrived yesterday, which had 4 packs of it in :D

Too busy to get out on the bike this afternoon though, preparing for the visit from the mother in law.. :cry:

Anyway, roll on 11.45!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I got out of the shower earlier looking forwards to many bacons. But when I went to the fridge, there were no bacons left :(

Anyway, today is another cartoon filled day, and possibly my second day off the ciggies. I hadn't planned to stop smoking again, just cut down a bit first. But here I am nearly 32 hours later, smoke free.
  • VWsurfbum
    yeehaamcgee
    Good work keep it up!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Good Morning Freaks!

Had my first major stack of the year this morning on the commute. School-boy error really, front wheel washed out on a damp section of new tarmac where the council had kindly repaired one of the uber-pot holes. Scraped knee (which feels like its swelling up a bit) and a bruised ego would be the damage to me. My ¾ tights have a hole in the knee and there’s a graze/hole in my overshoe, but thankfully the bike’s fine – as it landed on me…

Got a few bits and bobs to organise in the office today, which will mostly involve eating the pair of pork pies sat in my desk drawer and consuming vast amounts of coffee. I’m currently bacon-less, but can nip down to the canteen to rectify that situation if the need arises. Which, I think it will…
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    yeehaamcgee
    Good work keep it up!
    haha, thanks. I seem to be a lost cause though. I've gone through this phase of smoking over winter, then stopping in spring for about 4 years now :?
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    yeehaamcgee
    Good work keep it up!
    haha, thanks. I seem to be a lost cause though. I've gone through this phase of smoking over winter, then stopping in spring for about 4 years now :?
    well if you can do it with hardly any effort, imagine what you could do when you try?

el cap you gotta come off every now and then to remind you your alive! Lol at least the bikes ok and you'll repair. Shame about the 3/4's though
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Anyway, today is another cartoon filled day, and possibly my second day off the ciggies. I hadn't planned to stop smoking again, just cut down a bit first. But here I am nearly 32 hours later, smoke free.

Well done, and if you need some motivation, here's a great cartoon to show you how to quit

25 ways to quit smoking by Bill Plympton

Today's gray and overcast! I've had breakfast which comprised of a Ginsters Spicy Chicken Slice and a large cappuccino with an extra shot or two.. *buzzzzzzzzzz*

I am leaving early today to pickup my cat, "Nonutz" from the vet, he's just been de-balled and microchipped. His real name is MIlo, but "Nonutz" just seems like an appropriate name.
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    morning all

i had some news last night that has confused me a little

i had a weigh in/health check at the gym for body fat percentage, blood pressure that kind of stuff

I have a BF% of 12% (15.5% Last month)
    i weigh 110kg (+5kg than a month ago)
    my blood pressure is on the loow side of good

so to analyse this further, i weigh more than muhammad ali when he fought foreman and more than bruno when he fought tyson!

wtf!!

No time for some oatmeal *austrian accent"
  • Morning homos and homettes!

Working from home today because my wheels should be arriving and I hate being out of the house when shiny stuff arrives.

Already had bacons. As a special treat, had egg too :D
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    [ el cap you gotta come off every now and then to remind you your alive! Lol at least the bikes ok and you'll repair. Shame about the 3/4's though

Yeah, I know. I'm more pi55ed about the 3/4's though as they were a 'good' DHB pair. I'd been wearing cheap running tights over my shorts for the rest of the week.

Also, my calf is really starting to hurt now. Think it may have stopped the pedal from hitting the deck. :cry:

Still, I have a bacon baguette of gargantuan proportions to cure me...
  • Kaise
    Still, I have a bacon baguette of gargantuan proportions to cure me...

good lad,

glad your alright though, falling on a commute is bad at any time of the day, but before that day has fully got underway is a sh!ter!!
  • I woke up about 4 hours earlier than normal. It's a nice change to see this side of the day :D

There are 4 packs of bacon in my fridge to be consumed so i'm gonna get to work on that straight away. Waking up this early might mean i can also fit bike related activities into my otherwise boring and non-constructive day.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Well, bikes in the car, and I'll have to find out whether or not I get on with flat bars and foamy grips.

Must also try dropping the seat a bit to overcome my fear of bombholes. (waits for the obvious altered quote)
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Kaise
    overcome my fear of cats bumholes.

:shock:
  • VWsurfbum
    overcome my fear of bumholes
    you just gotta get stuck in!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Morning homos and homettes!

Working from home today because my wheels should be arriving and I hate being out of the house when shiny stuff arrives.

Already had bacons. As a special treat, had egg too :D

i also had more bacons with egg this time
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    No bacons here :(

But at work with the bike in the boot, so winning ride later i hope unless ihave to head up north at the last minute with work.

And el, ouch next time where you knee pads on the commute :p