Tyres - how flat?

Peddle Up!
Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
edited April 2011 in Road beginners
I followed a commuting bike this morning and was amazed that the tyres seemed almost flat. Do some bikes have "run flat" tyres? Just curious. :wink:
Purveyor of "up" :)

Comments

• explosifpete
    explosifpete Posts: 1,327
    some people don't look after there bikes
  • Lillywhite
    Lillywhite Posts: 742
    Peddle Up! wrote:
    I followed a commuting bike this morning and was amazed that the tyres seemed almost flat. Do some bikes have "run flat" tyres? Just curious. :wink:

Was he/she also pedalling their bike with their heels on the pedals? :D
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    im sorry did you say you FOLLOWED a commuter. i hope you are ashamed of yourself :roll:

next youll be wanting a wicker basket on the front of your bike :shock:
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I can't ride with my tyres anywhere near soft, even a drop of 15 psi and I can feel the diference, corners are interesting to say the least.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    I bet they weren't flat at the top though
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    mattshrops wrote:
    im sorry did you say you FOLLOWED a commuter. i hope you are ashamed of yourself :roll:

next youll be wanting a wicker basket on the front of your bike :shock:

It gets worse - I WAS IN MY CAR. :shock:

It gets better - I was giving a cyclist plenty of room until I could overtake safely. :D
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Peddle Up! wrote:

:evil: Splitter! Lynch him, lynch him!

Re the thread title, some people are almost completely unaware that their bikes require maintenance. I once rolled up a guy whose front tyre was almost completely flat, offered some help with it and received a torrent of abuse in return. I think he might have been a bit off his face though.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    DesWeller wrote:
    Peddle Up! wrote:

:evil: Splitter! Lynch him, lynch him!

Re the thread title, some people are almost completely unaware that their bikes require maintenance. I once rolled up a guy whose front tyre was almost completely flat, offered some help with it and received a torrent of abuse in return. I think he might have been a bit off his face though.

the 7 coats he was wearing and the egg yoke in his beard should have given you a clue
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    How fat was he? :oops:
  • cryocon
    cryocon Posts: 46
    I notice this all the time when walking to work in London, most cyclists have flat tyres, seat wrong height, in the wrong gear (not clothing, but some are, high heals? what's that all about?). They don't really care about their bike as long as it gets them from A to B.
  • You should see them cycling in the rain in Maarstricht with umbrellas up!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Giant VT 2
    Cube Aerial
  • You should see them cycling in the rain in Maarstricht with umbrellas up!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Giant VT 2
    Cube Aerial
  • teulk
    teulk Posts: 557
    I find it quite funny watching people bouncing along on their bikes because they have the pressure so low in the rear tyre
    Boardman Team 09 HT
    Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
    Specialized Secteur Elite 2011