Felt AR1

mclarent
mclarent Posts: 784
edited April 2011 in Your road bikes
5561555672_61a0c92f87.jpg

Felt AR1
Dura Ace groupset
Zipp 404 Wheelset
"And the Lord said unto Cain, 'where is Abel thy brother?' And he said, 'I know not: I dropped him on the climb up to the motorway bridge'."
- eccolafilosofiadelpedale

Comments

• JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Love the frame, love the wheels, good old skool groupset, but those bars and that saddle do not do the bike justice. I would love to see a pair of traditional bars and a lightweight saddle on here, it would look really pro! 8)
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    Nice, do like the ARs

Normally think those bars (3T Biomorph?) look horrendous, but the shape goes with the curves on the saddle and the wheel wraparounds on the frame, and it all goes well.
  • mclarent
    Cheers guys, it's my race bike and I built it up myself, pretty pleased with the results..

The bars are carbon 3T Biomorphe (well spotted!), bought them cos I like the shape from a comfort perspective, esp on the tops. The saddle, I was actually thinking to get a non gel flow version (it's a Selle SLR Gel Flow Team Edition currently)... Maybe...

I also have a pair of Fulcrum Racing 3s for windy days, look good to but they need a clean ;)
    "And the Lord said unto Cain, 'where is Abel thy brother?' And he said, 'I know not: I dropped him on the climb up to the motorway bridge'."
  • Karl2010
    Karl2010 Posts: 511
    Nice!! What is the stiffness like?
  • mclarent
    Very! My training bike is a Bianchi Via Nirone, and moving from that to this is a joy. Lack of BB and wheel flex is the most noticeable part, esp "front to back" where it's ramrod straight under acceleration. It's not a great sprinting bike (good but not great), but it's fantastic for attacking riding on / off the front.
  • JesseD wrote:
    Love the frame, love the wheels, good old skool groupset, but those bars and that saddle do not do the bike justice. I would love to see a pair of traditional bars and a lightweight saddle on here, it would look really pro! 8)

Sod that a lightweight saddle on a bike that stiff (I have a Felt F1 Sprint) it would destroy your hoop....
    Helmand Province is such a nice place.....
  • leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    Nice

8)
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    JesseD wrote:

Sod that a lightweight saddle on a bike that stiff (I have a Felt F1 Sprint) it would destroy your hoop....

HTFU :wink:
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • pickled
    pickled Posts: 439
    Great bike, but the seat and handlebars look like they've melted...