Bugger!

StillGoing
StillGoing Posts: 5,211
edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket
Over the weekend finally got to ride my Basso for the first time. Some issues with the front derailleur needing tweaking so decided to commute on it this week to see if I'd ironed out the problem. This morning as I crossed a bridge I hit a patch of black ice, front washed out, saved it and then the rear went. Caught it, lost it, heading for the kerb, managed to get a foot out the clips and put it down only to find the pavement covered in ice too. Almost managed the splits with the bike going one way with the right foot still in the cleat and the left leg sliding across the pavement. Kept the bike up away from the ground as best I could and have some grinding to both rims and the rear skewer from where it ran up against the kerb. Winter bike will be coming back out for the commutes while the weather is still a bit frosty in the mornings and in the meantime, I'll be sourcing a new skewer and talking the wife into new rims. Bugger!
I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.

Comments

• Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    philthy3 wrote:
    Over the weekend finally got to ride my Basso for the first time. Some issues with the front derailleur needing tweaking so decided to commute on it this week to see if I'd ironed out the problem. This morning as I crossed a bridge I hit a patch of black ice, front washed out, saved it and then the rear went. Caught it, lost it, heading for the kerb, managed to get a foot out the clips and put it down only to find the pavement covered in ice too. Almost managed the splits with the bike going one way with the right foot still in the cleat and the left leg sliding across the pavement. Kept the bike up away from the ground as best I could and have some grinding to both rims and the rear skewer from where it ran up against the kerb. Winter bike will be coming back out for the commutes while the weather is still a bit frosty in the mornings and in the meantime, I'll be sourcing a new skewer and talking the wife into new rims. Bugger!

Why does your wife need new rims? Just askin'
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Aggieboy wrote:
    philthy3 wrote:

I can see where this ones going...

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    I can see where this ones going...

DD

Given the title, I wouldn't be surprised :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Aggieboy wrote:
    philthy3 wrote:

And so it begins.............. :wink:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • StillGoing
    Aggieboy wrote:
    philthy3 wrote:

SO I can stick 'em on my bike.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    philthy3 wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    philthy3 wrote:

SO I can stick 'em on my bike.

Should look good..................

naked-vagina-bike1.jpg
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • StillGoing
    Why would you. :lol:
  • lmao :D

i wasnt expecting that response
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    lmao :D

i wasnt expecting that response

I was....

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    I've known people that are even bigger ones than that.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Bloody hilarious. Top stuff.

That girl next to the, ermm, ladies' parts has a right old cob on her. Mind you, hard to look good when you are being upstaged to such an extent.