My Ribble New Sportive

R8JimBob88
R8JimBob88 Posts: 285
edited March 2011 in Your road bikes
Picked this up just over a week ago. Absolutely love it! I've semi retired the Specialized Allez to commuting and rainy days now. Ive only done about 160 miles so far, the first outing saw me easily up Winnats Pass on my first attempt and then did the Cheshire Cat on Sunday and clocked up 103.3 miles (got a little lost...).

Its got Shimano RS80 24mm Carbon Wheels and Shimano 105 groupset. Cant fault it. Its in a different league to my Allez, the comfort is incredible and massively reduces road buzz. When you give it some grunt it really does move, very stiff. Brakes are spot on and gear changes very fast and precise!

Appologies for the bricks....

Ribble-5.jpg
Ribble-4.jpg
Ribble-1.jpg
Ribble-2.jpg
Ribble-3.jpg
If you do what you have always done, you will get what you always got....

Comments

• Poulsy
    Poulsy Posts: 155
    Great pics. I have just built one fo these up with full Ultegra and Fulcrum 3's and I agree that it rides very well and is excellent VFM.

Photoshop the bricks ;-)
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Looks great glad you decided to take it out - took my new bike out on the ride and loved it - although breaking a saddle in on a ride like that was an experience!
  • brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    Nice looking bike, Ribble seem to be getting a lot of good reviews regarding their bikes lately
  • R8JimBob88
    My arse took a bit of a pounding on the new seat too... :shock:

The bars are about and inch and a half lower than the Allez too, but this wasnt as bigger problem as I expected.

I hesitated a bit before buying it due to the bad reviews that ribble seem to get. It seems that its just their customer service that people grumble about and not the bikes. I personally received a great level of customer service and would use them again.
  • R8JimBob88
    Oh and here it is being ridden in anger at 199bpm

Ribble-4-1.jpg
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Lookin pretty calm for 199bpm
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    I think that he's not bothered to photoshop the bricks but has 'photoshopped' Mow Cop instead. :lol:
  • R8JimBob88
    I was trying not to look shagged for the camera!

Manic hill though, just glad I got a semi clear run at it without someone getting in my way