Mountain bike poster

neilo23
neilo23 Posts: 783
edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket
My girlfriend, for whom a bike is a bike, a cyclist is a cyclist, bought me a very nice print of a lovely big mountain....with a mountain biker slap bang in the middle of it. What can I do with it? I can't hang it anywhere prominent in case visitors think I belong to the dark side. However, I can't hang it up in the cellar, for example, without seeming ungrateful. It's a problem for me (he who really should be worrying about more important things).

Comments

• upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Er post a picture of said picture and let the good members of this Forum vote on what you should do with it !!!!!!!
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • pbt150
    pbt150 Posts: 316
    Hang it up in the upstairs toilet. Hopefully your guests won't go there (much) but it'll still take 'pride of place' in your home.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Airbrush it so you just have a nice picture of a mountain :wink:
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Accidentally damage it then choose a more appropriate one and claim it back from your home contents insurance.
  • neilo23
    http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/PTGPOD/321360.jpg

Here's a link to said poster. The guy has a rucksack on for God's sake!
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    neilo23 wrote:
    http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/PTGPOD/321360.jpg

Here's a link to said poster. The guy has a rucksack on for God's sake!

Nice poster though. Cycling is cycling.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    edited March 2011
    Although a kinda strange picture in a nice sort of way,its not something that should be hung in the house.....

Would you not be able to get away with saying it would look the pride of place at your work ?

Then you get to keep the lady happy and save face ! :D
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • neilo23
    If I'm honest, I think it's a nice picture, too. Seeing as it's from her I'm prepared to overlook her ignorance and mentally airbrush in a pair of drop handlebars. Still, my roadie snobbishness remains. At least he's not wearing an Arsenal shirt. :wink:
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Embrace her and tell her you love her. Then embrace the poster and learn to love it. After all, she learned to love you despite all your faults and your inconsiderate attitude towards her interests. You never did put those shelves up either, and you spend far too much time on the internet when you should be talking to her. And the grass needs a good cut and the bins don't empty themselves, you know.

Alternatively, you could buy her a poster of a Ferrari or a pair of lesbains and see if she takes the hint:
  • dynastarg9
    dynastarg9 Posts: 103
    Dump her, she should know better! :P
    Lapierre Zesty 514 - 2010
  • neilo23
    dynastarg9 wrote:

It's more likely to be her doing the dumping right now. A picture of me being pushed off a mountain would probably make her day. She's just jealous because she can't get her legs as smooth as mine.
  • tebbit
    tebbit Posts: 604
    dynastarg9 wrote:

+ 1
  • I'm afraid it's just gonna have to go - too obviously a MTBer
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    In return buy her a dress that your nan might wear.
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    have you seen his nan phwoar(as harry hill might say) :lol:
    Death or Glory- Just another Story