'Proper' spin class in London?

Can anyone recommend a spin class (that you can just pay for on the day) in the south-west / west / south-central London area.

Am currently going to ones at Fitness First as it's the most convenient gym for me. One instructor's not bad - I reckon she might be a real cyclist, the other one is into all this faffing around with weights and push-ups etc.

Also I feel like a bit of a loon gurning away and spraying sweat all over the place as the fluffy ladies swap quizzical glances.

Plus I think I'd be more motivated and keep the resistance up if I was with 'like-minded' participants.

Comments

• mclarent
    mclarent Posts: 784
    I used to do one at a virgin gym in the city, several different instructors but at least 3 of them were proper cyclists, not sure if they spend (part of) the extra membership fees on hiring better staff?
    "And the Lord said unto Cain, 'where is Abel thy brother?' And he said, 'I know not: I dropped him on the climb up to the motorway bridge'."
    - eccolafilosofiadelpedale
  • mclarent wrote:
    I used to do one at a virgin gym in the city, several different instructors but at least 3 of them were proper cyclists, not sure if they spend (part of) the extra membership fees on hiring better staff?

yeah quite possibly, plus you can't pay for day-entry or just for classes at Virgin, you have to be a member.

FF is £10 day fee - but for that I can attend a double spin class and have use of the gym - not that I use anything after a double spin.

Guess thems the trade-offs.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    mclarent wrote:

yeah quite possibly, plus you can't pay for day-entry or just for classes at Virgin, you have to be a member.

FF is £10 day fee - but for that I can attend a double spin class and have use of the gym - not that I use anything after a double spin.

Guess thems the trade-offs.

Not really up to speed with London but have heard good things about
    http://www.pedalstudio.co.uk/
    They are part of the same Spinning training methodology as myself.
    I know the frustration of those classes that pander to those who dont know their goals and somehow refuse to link the formula: work = reward in their minds.
  • JGSI wrote:
    Not really up to speed with London but have heard good things about
    http://www.pedalstudio.co.uk/
    They are part of the same Spinning training methodology as myself.
    I know the frustration of those classes that pander to those who dont know their goals and somehow refuse to link the formula: work = reward in their minds.

Now that sir looks like a very promising operation.

It is in Putney round the corner, and I have signed up for my first class this evening! I shall let you know how I get on.

Thanks!
  • JGSI: it was great, so much better than the gym spin classes I've done

the feller was obviously from a cycling background and knew what he was doing

buried myself last night and fully signed up for more!

good shout, cheers again
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    JGSI: it was great, so much better than the gym spin classes I've done

the feller was obviously from a cycling background and knew what he was doing

buried myself last night and fully signed up for more!

good shout, cheers again

Pleased!... sometimes that SPIN trademark does its job and delivers!
    You doing it at the right time as it is the start of 'legbreaker' season ;-)
  • does anyone know if any spin bike manufacturer makes ones with inbuilt power meters?
  • jocksyboy
    jocksyboy Posts: 135
    Wattbike? :lol:
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells