Good Morning: B*ll*cks it's Monday Edition

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited March 2011 in The Crudcatcher
It's Monday therefore not in a good mood. Got woken up stupidly early by my cousin telling me she'd got onto some masters course in Stockholm. Then the rest of the family started moving around and making noise so no chance of getting back to sleep.

Have to get on with some uni work, really can't be bothered, want to ride bikes.

It's cold and foggy here, or it was when I looked out the window, bit different from the 15/16 degrees it hit last week. Might go up to cannock later if I get bored of work, hope it's not frosted or anything up there.

Anyway I suppose I'd better get on with the day. Laters.

Comments

• DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Hmmm nice day here so far, just running a damage limitation recce on the pc.

Looks like I got away without doing anything too stupid last night, I think...

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Morning

Day has started with meh, it will hopefully improve :(
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Good Morning Freaks!

Who stole the sunshine? :shock:

Don't like this starting off to work in the dark malarky again. Although, the extra hour of daylight this evening will be useful methinks.

Not much planned for today. A few bits and bobs to sort out in the office and then plotting my ride home. Need to do well over 30 miles today (already done 14 on the way in), as the weather's looking crappy for the rest of the week - means I can shorten my regular commute and still be over 500 miles for the month.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    No work today, hopefully go see my sister's new house, put money into bank, sort a few things out for work for next week
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    work, work, work and waiting for the knock on the door after filling in the census.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    well no sun this weekend and behind the mist looks like a sunny day meh

will be checking this weeks forecast and be reaching for my leave card
  • Rainy, and semi cold here, but forks still arn't repaired so I don't mind!

Just wishing shop would hurry up and get the parts in, then I can eventually ride.

On a good note, found out today that even though i'm poor and was going to have to cancel my biking trip with some family members, one of them has offered to let me stay at his moms house where we are riding. So I can go! Superstoked. Now I just need to save a bit of money for important things like beer, blow and hookers and i'm good to go!

Morning all!
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Morning all

Great weekend of riding and drinking had, but on the downside i came off whilst doing skiline and i have trashed the brand new rear wheel (fitted on friday) by hitting a tree! Two broken fingers and a new helmet required as well!

Fun though, i manhed to get back down without walking but it was a bit wobbly! The wheel is back in the shop today and the guys face when i walked in, a picture, complete shock!!

ah well onward and downwar- monday = report writing = GAY!!!!
  • yoohoo999
    yoohoo999 Posts: 940
    back to work today. was told to stay off another week, but going insane in the house.

almost feels relaxing to be surrounded by people again!
  • angry_bird
    So far all I've acomplished this morning is nothing.

Might go outside and poke the bikes, then maybe go ride somewhere for funs.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning, back is much better today, but I needed to put myself right for work yesterday to go in today so looks like one more day off.

Not a lot planned for today mind, oing to start on my CV to send off to Arriva and FGW looking for work, I need to start trying to get down to Wales now I think.
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • mak3m
    oooooo best weather of the week is tomorrow then rain (midlands) on wednesday

booking leave cannock, sherwood or XC mmmmmmmmm
  • El Capitano
    South Wales is looking pretty wet for the rest of the week. :(
  • angry_bird
    mak3m wrote:
    oooooo best weather of the week is tomorrow then rain (midlands) on wednesday

booking leave cannock, sherwood or XC mmmmmmmmm

Think I'll steal the car tomorrow and go to cannock for the day then.
  • yoohoo999
    yoohoo999 Posts: 940
    is it just me, or does half of this forum seem to ride cannock? it must just be like a bikeradar day out every saturday! :D
  • South Wales is looking pretty wet for the rest of the week. :(

Indeed, so is IOM. It's bIoody AWESOME outside now though. Hopefully I can get a ride in tonight before the rain moves in.
  • angry_bird
    yoohoo999 wrote:
    is it just me, or does half of this forum seem to ride cannock? it must just be like a bikeradar day out every saturday! :D

Yep I think they do :lol:

It's just so near to me, everywhere in the immediate area is a bit dull, cannock's a 30 minute / 20 mile drive / 1hr30 ride on the mountain bike. I can mess around there for a good few hours and still have lots of the day left to do other stupid things.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morni... cr4p is that the time!? :shock: Afternoon!

Quite a busy day here, I've sold some stuff on fleabay so it's gettin shipped off. Tonight I shall be unpacking some more stuff, hopefully replace the gear cable on my Blender, and then tomorrow I can go for a blast around the local area. Not been round here for ages, so looking forward to it.

I'm knackered at the moment though.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • El Capitano
    South Wales is looking pretty wet for the rest of the week. :(

Indeed, so is IOM. It's bIoody AWESOME outside now though. Hopefully I can get a ride in tonight before the rain moves in.

Bit overcast/misty/foggy here at the moment. Going to extend the commute home though just to make the most of riding in the dry. It was good whilst it lasted...
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    A lovely day in Surrey today, but I experience real thick fog at stupid o'clock whilst on the M6 toll
    There's a bike shop down the road from my work. They have the 2011 Mongoose Maurice SS in the shop window, a steal for 369 shecklels. I went in for a fitting and the large is too tall for me. Perhaps this is a good thing?
    I mean no self respetcting person wants to own an SS, right?
    Tomorrow I may just put a £100 deposit down so they can order me a 54cm (M) in... we shall see... oh, temptation...
  • mak3m
    yoohoo999 wrote:

lol im going to buck the trend and go to sherwood, i know the kitchener is only a darkish pink route but midweek so there might not be any scrotes in the bike park. if noone is looking might do a few little jumps and make an arse of myself on the pump track :lol::lol:
  • Cferg
    Cferg Posts: 347
    kaiser83 wrote:
    Fun though, i manhed to get back down without walking but it was a bit wobbly! The wheel is back in the shop today and the guys face when i walked in, a picture, complete shock!!

:shock:
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    The one I saw was in black with blue grips, spokes and hubs.. and those lovely nice chubby slicks.. however the one I seen didn't have a rear brake..

786_511_869_sourceImage.jpg
  • montevideoguy
    montevideoguy Posts: 2,271
    Well just back home after speding the morning in hospital. Managed to twist my ankle going to work so now it's heavily strapped up and I'm pissed off as that means a bare minimum of a week with no football or riding.

Bad times
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    The one I saw was in black with blue grips, spokes and hubs.. and those lovely nice chubby slicks.. however the one I seen didn't have a rear brake..

786_511_869_sourceImage.jpg
    I hope you want it as a pub bike that nobody will nick, otherwise there are people on here who will hunt you down :wink: .....if you're going to buy something like that at least make it really cheap:
    http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/29384/Viking_Urban_Fixed_Wheel_Bike_2010
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    go with the one that looks like this, and buy a set of these to match.
    wmns-nike-air-force-1-volt-purp-01.jpg

Oh and morning, sorry i'm late.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Fkn dog walkers!

Just went for a little spin along the cycleway on the prom. It was dark, but I had my light on (magicshine). It's quite a wide prom, with one small painted on section next to the sea wall for a cycleway. I wasn't gonig particularly fast either.

Imagine my surprise when at the last second I spot the extendable leash thing stretched right out across the cycleway with her on one side, and her little rat of a hound on the other.

I shouted f**king hell as I swerved to go around her and then all hell broke loose!

She starts screaming at me, and I mean proper screaming, all sorts of profanity. c*nt this, f*cking w*nker that, effing and blinding about how it might be a cycleway but I still have to give way to peds (which I did, on account of the fact I didn't mash her or fido into the pavement). She then starts saying she'll kick me off if she sees me again and how I should pay more attention to what I am doing etc.

At this point I just laughed at her and rode off.

Think I'll stick to riding in the hills in future, it's much safer :lol: