boardman team carbon 2010

novice 50
novice 50 Posts: 12
edited March 2011 in Road beginners
As my username suggests i know nothing about bikes. i have had a boardman hybrid for a couple of years with no problems. Thought i would treat myself to a Boardman Team Carbon 2010 display model. Problem is on the way home from the store i did not have a clue how to change gear or front rings. Managed to change up a few gears but could not work out how to change down etc. Stupid i know but there you are. Any replies without any technical terms would be gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• bruce225
    bruce225 Posts: 129
    It works on a single and double click,the lever has two positions when clicking the first click and then the onto the second click..which is up and down gears...
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    You spend the best part of a grand on a bike and you'd think the shop would at least give you a quick demo of the set up. But thats Halfords for you.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    RTFM? :)
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • novice 50
    Thanks jamieayres that is very helpful.

pedal up....what is RTFM
  • Peddle Up!
    novice 50 wrote:
    Thanks jamieayres that is very helpful.

pedal up....what is RTFM

An imperative to consult the documentation. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTFM

RTFM :D:D
  • novice 50
    The Boardman user guide/manuel that came with the bike had no reference to how to change gear. Hence my post :D:D:D
  • Peddle Up!
    novice 50 wrote:
    The Boardman user guide/manuel that came with the bike had no reference to how to change gear. Hence my post :D:D:D

Sounds like Boardman need to RTFM, then WTFM. :D

Have fun.
  • bruce225
    bruce225 Posts: 129
    BRUCE225 wrote:
    It works on a single and double click,the lever has two positions when clicking the first click and then the onto the second click..which is up and down gears...

Had to laugh at myself giving advice earlier and never ridden my own Boardman,

Any way been out for the first time this afternoon,well impressed with the Sram apart from keep trying to flick brake lever like my old Shimano gears also the Halfords guys have set it all up spot on,not one minor adjustment neended...