Colnago Master Olympic

Evil Laugh
Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
edited April 2011 in Your road bikes
Just received this is the post today. Been keeping an eye out for this colour for a long time.

It's got a mish mash of a groupset on it but luckily I got a lot of the dura ace parts I'd planned to build with anyway, lovely old 7400 bits, dual pivots, headset, post, chainset, all in top, almost as new condition. Need to replace the veloce rear mech and shifters with 7800 rear and 7900 or silver 5700 stis, undecided right now on which. I like these wheels on the bike which are shorn with open pave tyres. The green looks ok with all the other colours on the frame.

The frame itself has a few chips here and there but is generally great, the chrome in particular has no pitting at all.

Will get some half decent pics tomorrow when I take it for a spin.

70021f78.jpg

Comments

• JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Love it, especially the colour and the wheels, are they old Campag Shamal's?
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • Evil Laugh
    No, they're handbuilts. H+son sl42 on ambrosio hubs. Built them for my stripped steel bike a couple of threads down. But yeah I was borrowing the look of the shamals for sure, just I use 10 speed shimano and the weight is also pretty good, about 1.75kg. I don't like the hubs though and will rebuild with dura ace in the coming weeks.

Gonna take it for a spin now. Hope that veloce mech works on my cassette.
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    I love the Master! Did you buy a C59 in the end?
  • Evil Laugh
    Hi mate, I'm nearly there. Went and got fitted with Rohan on Monday, nice guy.

I take it you're out on yours now, how you getting on?