Tire: Vittoria Corsa Evo Tech Tubular Tubular - 23mm

Back Wheel
Rim: Ambrosio Nemesis – 32 hole
Spokes: ACI Duplex drive side, Sapim Laser non drive side
Hub: Campagnolo Record
Tire: Vittoria Corsa Evo Tech Tubular Tubular - 23mm

Accessories: Cateye Micro and two mismatching bottle cages

Weight: No clue

Other Info: Will be used as my commuter, but will probably still use the Agio when the weather is really foul. Wanted 24mm Vittoria Pave Evo CG 2 tubs, but they have been out of stock for over a month now. Would also like to swop bottle cages, but haven't decided to which ones yet. Suggestions?

Other Bikes:
Colnago C59 2011
BMC CX01 2010
Condor Squadra 2009
Condor Potenza Special Edition 2007
Kinesis TK2 2011
Decathlon Sport 2

Comments

• brh77
    brh77 Posts: 242
    That is a lovely bike- I love the steel condors........
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    why no steel fork to match the frame.
  • markmod
    markmod Posts: 501
    I presume for the same reason he has the carbon seatpost rather than a steel one, namely to remove some of the transfer of road buzz. In the case of the fork into the frame. Carbon seatpost again removes some further transfer of this to the saddle. Most steel frames now have the 'modern luxury' of carbon forks, retro styled or not.

Great bike really understated and clean looking!!
  • Chirg
    Chirg Posts: 141
    Thanks for the comments
    rake wrote:
    why no steel fork to match the frame.

I don't know if there is an option to get steel forks, but I would want carbon ones for the reasons mentioned by Markmod. Same with the carbon seat post.

I didn't buy the bike because I wanted something retro, I bought it because I love the feeling of stiff and lightweight steel frames. Mixing in a bit of carbon should give the best of both worlds - stiffness with compliance where needed (sit bones and hands). Tubulars were bought because I just wanted to see what the fuss was about!
  • An old post now, but how you getting on with the bike
  • Chirg
    Was supposed to be my new commuting bike, but decided it is too nice for that and can't bring myself to risk leaving in work's bike store. Use it as my second best bike so although I love it has only done something like 600 miles in 9 months.
  • And doesn't the Italian word for steel sound much nicer than the English word.
  • Chirg
    Thinking of getting one of these, same size to yours.
    Just wondered if you're still getting on with the bike and if you enjoy the ride quality?
    Also do you know approx. how much she weighs?
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Chirg
    Still love the bike and now used as by best bike. Doesn't get used often enough though.

Unscientific measurement using my bathroom scales is 8.3kg as pictured with cages, pedals and computer.
  • Chirg wrote:
    Still love the bike and now used as by best bike. Doesn't get used often enough though.

Unscientific measurement using my bathroom scales is 8.3kg as pictured with cages, pedals and computer.
    Thanks dude!
    Only thing that puts me off are the 2011 colors...manky!! The cream you have is much nicer.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Chirg
    You can get custom colours and geo I seem to remember. Would go for orange with blue myself!
  • Bozabyka
    Bozabyka Posts: 252
    Looks like a nice bike and I am thinking of buying one, but what is Dedacciai Zero Replica triple-butted steel with boron?
    Replica of what?
    Is it actually Dedacciai?
    What is the Reynolds equivelant?