TFI It's (Not) Rebecca Black morning thread

projectsome
projectsome Posts: 4,478
edited March 2011 in The Crudcatcher
Yes as Rebecca Black points out several times, today is indeed Friday.

It's been sunny all week and now that I'm off work today it's fecking cloudy :lol:

Have to pop in to town, put aside money for partying tomorrow.

depending what I've got left, I may buy some bike parts or xbox 360
FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!

Comments

• ctrlaltdel
    ctrlaltdel Posts: 114
    Morning everyone!
    Speaking of cloudy; my own metaphorical rain cloud got lifted yesterday since my job contract is getting extended! Wooohoo :lol: It really looked like a bunch of us were getting let go, but now we've got a new project to sink our teeth into.
    Have a good weekend guys.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Morning? Check.
    Friday? Check.
    Give a toss? No, check.

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • DIESELDOG wrote:
    Morning? Check.
    Friday? Check.
    Give a toss? No, check.

DD

he wont be happy...

last day at work for me today... week back in blackpool :D
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    "I'm so excited, and i just cant hide it, i'm about to lose control and i think i like it........"

FRIDAY woowoo, with an air punch rocky style!

In a good mood today, me and the mrs have stopped arguing, all good! :wink:

ctrlaltdel wrote:
    since my job contract is getting extended! Wooohoo

nice one, mine is due in august and they are being very coy on what work load we have, i'm going to keep my ear to the ground! Defence cuts are not my friend!
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Good morning

Going to the supermarket for the mother in a minute, thought seeing as I have nothing to do I may as well help out a little. Also means I can have the car for the day and my brother can take the bus to school, meaning I can go to cannock later.

TTFN
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Morning

Wife away till tomorrow afternoon, so pick up the kids from parents later & take them for a "quick" pint / juice at the pub. Then I would love to say its ale friday, but got some work to do :( Then up early for the GP
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Morning, up a hour earlier again to give my ma and pa a lift to work whilst their cars sorted.

I'm on a early today then a long day tomorrow, looking forward to my lie in on Sunday!

Have a nice day!
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    Morning? Check.
    Friday? Check.
    Give a toss? No, check.

DD

he wont be happy...

last day at work for me today... week back in blackpool :D

Funny...

DD

• Good morning,

I've just ordered the new wheelset for the Edison, so today will be spent being poor.
    Bacons may or may not be involved at some point.
    A ride may or may not be had at some point.
    Beers will be consumed at some point.

Good day to you all.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Busy busy this morning, early night tonight as working tomorrow night before racing Sunday morning:shock:
    Gotta go to a trendy retro place in east London today, I'll have to button my mouth as they annoy the feck out of me with their spray on jeans and third trendy hair with stupid hats!!! Grrrr

F1 this weekend so make sure your teams submitted!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    woohoo!
    Friday and my first full paycheck in 7 months... not that I've been on the breadline or anything, but yes, now I can spoil myself proper this month :¬)
    Off back to Stoke tonight and of course, Cannock on Sunday! w00t!
  • yoohoo999
    yoohoo999 Posts: 940
    my lay-about-the-house-wounded depression has been lifted :D

just been headhunted by a firm that were on the other side of the table on the deal i was in scotland working on for most of last year.

this is excellent because i want to move home (glasgow/edinburgh) for a while anyway, and it's also quite flattering when people on the other side of a deal want to pick you up.

going up for a meeting with them a week today :D

this gives me something to look forward to in the short term, i was getting a bit bored.

today i will mostly be eating painkillers and surfing the interwebb with my right hand
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    kaiser83 wrote:
    "I'm so excited, and i just cant hide it, i'm about to lose control and i think i like it........"

Thanks for that, I'm going to have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day... :(

Meanwhile, Good Morning Freaks and TGIF!

Yet another awesome ride into work this morning. 8) Should be over the 100 miles mark for the week by the time I get home and will hopefully put me into the top 200 (out of over 7,000) in the current "most miles by any sport" monthly challenge on Endomondo.

My good deed for the day has also been completed. There was a note on the works wanted board asking for a chainstay protector. I gave the chap the free one that came with a recent copy of MBUK (I prefer a length of innertube and cable ties).

The ride home's going to have to be a quick one as I've got to get to the doctors and pharmacy before 17:00, leaving the office at 16:00. Warp mode will be engaged.

Apart from that, not too much planned work wise. Got a few bits and bobs to do, but nothing that's too urgent.

Luv, hugs and stuff. :D
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    Off to La Plagne for a week of snowboarding tonight :D
  • Also, I think we should do a similar challenge for April here in the CC. I also use Endomondo, which I like a lot better now I've got it configured properly.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    kaiser83 wrote:

Luv, hugs and stuff. :D

have you been hanging out with DIESEL DOG?

morning all, i woke up with a cold this morning...sucks :(

still gonna go for a ride tomorrow with the lads as i didn't get out last weekend. we have a meeting with the boss in a minute with a focus on us all airing our problems (work related) my direct boss is gonna get it both barrels from me as he's been a bit of a feckwit lately
  • DIESELDOG
    @ welshkev...

No love n hugs from me this morning.

Too much meh, way too much.

DD

• WisePranker
    WisePranker Posts: 823
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Gotta go to a trendy retro place in east London today, I'll have to button my mouth as they annoy the feck out of me with their spray on jeans and third trendy hair with stupid hats!!! Grrrr

Don't forget the pointy shoes.......it ain't a trendt retro bar without lots of pointy shoes to go with the spray on jeans :lol:
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    ahhh i was all tfi but now something feels wrong

no DD love n hugs may be the problem

will spend rest of the day fighting off the shame of being a bad parent and forgetting to let the tooth fairy in last night, then tinker with my mates bike, lil test ride then rest and prep for tomorrows monster ride :D
  • DIESELDOG
    mak3m wrote:
    ahhh i was all tfi but now something feels wrong

no DD love n hugs may be the problem

will spend rest of the day fighting off the shame of being a bad parent and forgetting to let the tooth fairy in last night, then tinker with my mates bike, lil test ride then rest and prep for tomorrows monster ride :D

Just for you.

Love n mega hugs

DD

• mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    better :D
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Friday, sun's out, bikes in the car and only 1 1/2 hours until lunch time

Plus there's a KCNC handlebar on my desk. £15 ebay bargain!
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Morning people :)

Today is Friday. Stupid Rebecca Black, she almost managed to ruin the best day of the week..

Anyways, work is the same old shoot, out of here at 4.30, quick hour or so on the bike, and then seeing a mate, trying to persuade him to get his bike back out on the trails (alwatys a shame to see a really nice bike gather rust & dust!)

Weekend will be spent sorting the garden out, maybe posting up a classifieds ad for my spares, and trying to get fit again!
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning, thats about it really
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • stuart_c-2
    stuart_c-2 Posts: 805
    Afternoon all,

Friday = Early finish = Awesomez!

Got to pop to office of new place this afternoon to show them my passport, going to have a quick office tour while I’m there. Annoyingly I can’t hand in my notice at current job until I get all the paperwork from new place, so have to keep quiet here until probably middle of next week. I just want to be able to tell people here I’m leaving, partially so they stop sending me work stuff.

Will be off out on the bike tomorrow for the 1st time properly in a couple of weeks, decided to give the foot a proper rest up to see if it mended itself. Hopefully it won’t give me any grief. I have the distinct feeling that I’ve been get a bit chubby over the last couple of weeks, not good.

Is it 1:45 yet?
    "I ride to eat"
  • El Capitano
    What's your monthly mileage then El Capitano?

Jan - 163

Feb - 28 (I had a bad foot)

Mar - 332 to date.
    Also, I think we should do a similar challenge for April here in the CC. I also use Endomondo, which I like a lot better now I've got it configured properly.

I'm up for this. :D

Bails and Sparrowlegs are also on Endomondo.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I am indeed.

I'm also on the commuters Silly Commuting Stats page: http://www.startfarm.co.uk/aspStats

You can create minileagues so I'm sure we could all just get on there.

How far is your commute EC? Mine's a ~30 mile round trip, done it 3 times this week and off to Cannock Chase at the weekend so I should be at about 105 miles for the week.

This time last year anything over 30 was difficult!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Penylope
    Penylope Posts: 320
    Kitty wrote:
    Morning, up a hour earlier again to give my ma and pa a lift to work whilst their cars sorted.

I'm on a early today then a long day tomorrow, looking forward to my lie in on Sunday!

Have a nice day!

umm, hate to be the bearer of bad news (well, great news actualy) but dont the clocks go forwards this weekend? 1 hour less in bed an all that.

end of a pants week for me, just not felt right all week. gonna be a reeeeelax this weekend, nothing at all planned, bliss.
    MTB's, SC Blur LTc & Cotic Soul (26" definitely aint dead!).
    Other, Genesis Croix De Fer
  • El Capitano
    bails87 wrote:
    IHow far is your commute EC?

Depends how I'm feeling TBH. Direct route is 9.02 each way. But I'm currently doing 14 on the way in and 14-16 on the way home. Once the lighter nights are here - as in next week. I'll be extending the ride home by another 12 miles or so.