How long would you leave it?

mudsucker
mudsucker Posts: 730
edited March 2011 in The Crudcatcher
Basically i sold something on ebay which ended about 8pm yesterday (wednesday) and ithe buyer still hasn't paid me yet. (5:05pm on thursday) When i have sold things on there before i've generally been paid 10 mins or so after the auction ends. I have sent them an email but not heard a peep out of them. I haven't lost anything as i still have the item but it's annoying!

So, how long would you leave it till i offer it to the second highest bidder? And when should the D lock be broken out :wink:
Bikes are OK, I guess... :-)

2008 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp.
2013 Trek 1.2
1982 Holdsworth Elan.

Comments

• bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    usually if it gets to 10 mins and I still haven't heard, I've fished the sledgehammer out of the shed and I'm hunting down his sister.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    i thin offically its 10 days :shock:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • yoohoo999
    yoohoo999 Posts: 940
    why wait at all?

i just have an automatic email sent out after the auction ends that says "why haven't you paid me yet?"

seriously? check ebay's guidance, since you might get into a bit of hot water if you sell the a 2nd chance buyer and then the original buyer comes forward still within ebay's guidance timeframe.

if you meant yesterday to be wednesday, then it's been less than 24 hours......chill. 8)

they are probably just sorting out their paypal account or something
  • mudsucker
    Yes , just edited it to be wednesday as made a typo!

I'll check ebay and just wait it out

2013 Trek 1.2
    1982 Holdsworth Elan.
  • Man oh man, some seriously impatient people are on this site.

Chill people, you will be dealt with accordingly.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    To hell with chill. You win, you go to Paypal and pay. If you are buying a number of items, at the end of the session, you go and pay for the whole lot.
    End of..
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    To hell with chill. You win, you go to Paypal and pay. If you are buying a number of items, at the end of the session, you go and pay for the whole lot.
    End of..

Or the auction ended, and he's not a complete nerd and doesn't waste his day sitting at the computer waiting for the auction to end so he can pay straight away.

If I had something better to do, I wouldn't sit waiting for the auction to end. it's just ebay, not a heart transplant.
  • yoohoo999
    yoohoo999 Posts: 940
    cooldad wrote:
    End of..

Or the auction ended, and he's not a complete nerd and doesn't waste his day sitting at the computer waiting for the auction to end so he can pay straight away.

If I had something better to do, I wouldn't sit waiting for the auction to end. it's just ebay, not a heart transplant.

+1 sweet potato
  • mudsucker
    Emergency over. i've just been paid! 24hrs later!! The winning bid was put in 1 min before the end so its not like he was sitting there for hours wating for it to end.

To be honest, i'm with cooldad on this. Whats the point of winning an auction then not paying stratight away? I thought this was an unrwitten ebay rule. You are at the PC already so why go away and then come back to it later. All the other things i have sold have been paid for within about 10 mins.

2013 Trek 1.2
    1982 Holdsworth Elan.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    mudsucker wrote:
    Emergency over. i've just been paid! 24hrs later!! The winning bid was put in 1 min before the end so its not like he was sitting there for hours wating for it to end.

To be honest, i'm with cooldad on this. Whats the point of winning an auction then not paying stratight away? I thought this was an unrwitten ebay rule. You are at the PC already so why go away and then come back to it later. All the other things i have sold have been paid for within about 10 mins.

You've not heard of auto-bidding have you : :roll:
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    Aren't there automated ways of bidding at the last minute?
  • mudsucker
    mudsucker wrote:

Yes of course i have! And watching the patern of the way the bids came in it towards the end it was not an auto bid. So keep your rolling eyes to yourself :wink:

2013 Trek 1.2
    1982 Holdsworth Elan.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Can I share the popcorn I bought in especially for this?

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    mudsucker wrote:
    mudsucker wrote:

Yes of course i have! And watching the patern of the way the bids came in it towards the end it was not an auto bid. So keep your rolling eyes to yourself :wink:

roll_eyes_ms.gif
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I've had to wait 2-3 days for payment before now, what I tend to do is send them an invoice or a friendly reminder after a couple of days
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • mudsucker wrote:

There never was an emergency in the first place. 24 hours is completely normal timeframe to paid afterwards.
  • mudsucker
    yes i know it wasn't an emergency, it was just a phrase :D I now know to wait a bit longer, just never had to wait that long before. Thanks for the replies everyone!

2013 Trek 1.2
    1982 Holdsworth Elan.